Marty Meylach, Diving to a flash of gold, R.I.P.

Very sorry to hear about Marty passing. He has been a part of my life and family since i can remember. My father, Don Thomas and him had a very special relationship. My mother and his wife Mary, were the inspiration for 'Dynamar" boat yard that combined my mothers name Dinah, and Marty's wife Mary. They ended up painting the boats that want into the bay of pigs stuff in Cuba that is another story..View attachment 2154989
I miss him so much !!😢
The world's greatest treasure hunter !!🫡 thank you for the memories @Bonehead

Sorry for your loss
I carry on in giants footsteps, and the memories guide me forward....some things cannot be replaced only remembered...God bless you Marty.....the world's greatest treasure hunter!!🫡🫡

Post deleted...Reminder only supporting vendor and charter members can make offers to sell.

Last edited:
I carry on in giants footsteps, and the memories guide me forward....some things cannot be replaced only remembered...God bless you Marty.....the world's greatest treasure hunter!!🫡🫡
Something between us 2 happened on our first meeting....Marty walked up to my little house, and I was out in the front yard with my chipping hammers, acid baths, and rusty conglomerates....as he walked up and introduced himself the smell of rust and silver was in the air drifting on the sea breeze !! He held out his hand for me to shake it, and I was covered in black silver sulfide, and rust....he grasped my dirty hand and said "HI I'm Marty Meylach" there was a tear dripping down his cheek and I didn't understand what was wrong, or why he was crying?? Later after many visits and conversations, and a deep friendship developed....I asked him about that first day we met, and why he was crying ?? He said that everything from my little humble home, the front yard, the conglomerates and working area I had set up, to even the smell in the air had reminded him so much of his early days of treasure hunting, that it overwhelmed him emotionally with memories of his own past and even his wife.... that he couldn't hold back the tears...they flowed with joy at seeing me doing the same things he loved to do...he told me that upon walking up, he knew we would be inseparable as friends !! Now the same tears flow down my cheek remembering that pivotal moment when a boy (thats what I felt like at the moment) meets his hero, and that hero becomes so much more....friend, mentor, and father type figure....we both unknowingly longed for the relationship we fostered together ❤️
20221130_163927.jpg

He led me to many treasures and I owe him the honor of telling this story of our meeting its taken awhile for me to be able to get this out !! Thanks for listening folks !!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back