MARINERS CROSS

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MARINERS CROSS 14K 3-28-2012 18.0 gr_0003_edited-1.JPGWent to a park with my bud Pat. Nice day, park was pretty empty. Left with $9.74 in clad. Was swingin my DFX when I got 20,another swing, 19,again,21 again 22. I was thinking to myself well here is another piece of slaw. My motto is dig it all. I use a plugger and when I looked in the hole I saw a gold colored hasp sticking out of the side of the hole. All I thought was yeah buddy (it was a big hasp) Then I thought be careful there might be a necklace in there too. I enlarged the hole and lifted it out . Then started moving the mud away a little at a time showing me more and more of what you are looking at. My heart skipped a beat. I started looking for a hallmark. No hallmark. I called my bud and told him to meet me under some trees. He uses an E-Track while I use my trusty DFX. Both of us had left our jewelers loops in the car. So I had him go over it with his machine. 12-10, 12-9, 12-11. He smiled and said yep it's gold. Still unsure I got home and did my scratch test. 6 lines. 3 for the gold and 3 for the silver (or so I thought) 10k shined bright, 14k shined bright and the 18k started to fade away slowly. WHOOO HOOO. 14k and it weighs 18.0 grams. HH All. Pete AKA Gold Fever Pete

Upvote 1
That is like so super sweet! Congrats.

Sweet GOLD ! Gotta find some of that someday!

Nice find! I haven't found gold in years.

Sweeeeeet!!!

Beautiful piece of gold !
Glen

Wow, super find!! I've always wanted a mariners cross, finding one while detecting is one heck of a way to get one. Congrats!

How deep was it? I wonder how old it is? Nice Find Pete

From Pete aka Pedrod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back