✅ SOLVED Mangled SILVER square thing?!

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20180915_154447.jpg20180915_154453.jpg20180915_154502.jpg20180915_154515.jpg

Hello. I found this thing at a middle school by a basketball court by my house. I believe it's silver... not totally sure. WHAT IS IT?! It might be part of an earring or necklace or something.

looks like a ring Ive found a few tiffany rings that got hit by a lawn mower. Good job youve been doing good on those rings. You will be surprised how much jewelry is out there

Upvote 0
I’ve got some earrings that are almost identical with some sort of stone in them. Looks like yours got run over a few times

Upvote 0
The top right pic sorta favors a heart. Could have been a necklace piece. Nice find.

Upvote 0
there should be a. hallmark somewhere

I'm cleaning it now. But a ring??? There is no band! Unless that got pulled off? Also, you are more likely to find gold and silver at high schools right? Have you found anything good at schools? The one I did was full of pop tabs... hardly any coins. Found this silver, lots of junk and 20 cents in 2 hrs.

Upvote 0
The top right pic sorta favors a heart. Could have been a necklace piece. Nice find.

Looks more like a square to me. The top right might look like a heart but to me it seems like the corner of the square is bashed in. I should go back to that spot and force myself to dig all them pop tabs... maybe I'll find more pieces to this thingy.

Upvote 0
there should be a. hallmark somewhere

Definitely has that silver look... can't see any marks but it is probably a part of something so no markings doesn't mean not silver. Going back after supper.

Upvote 0
Its. hard. to make. it out from the picture Ive found a gold bracelet and silver at a. middle. school near my house. The thing about this hobby is you will find almost anything and almost anywhere. If you dont see a hallmark you can do tests to see if its silver cool find

Upvote 0
Another thing is the age of the school .there is lots of silver but silver coins are usually not always. deeper. My first machine an at pro tells you coin denominatiion and depth an can go about 10 inches deep. Kellyco sells used detectors pretty cheap and on classifieds on tnetn Keep at it your killing it lately resesrch and location

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are the ones I found that look super close. One is mangaled and the other just missing the stem.

057EC26A-64DF-47B0-9127-678310735523.jpeg147D7916-875B-4DDE-A52E-AB8D7940C92D.jpegB1DEF0A6-8ED2-4169-B90B-9B165B7A8FB4.jpeg5ADEBC61-3363-4B5E-B643-86CC51AA3327.jpeg

Upvote 0
Looks like a basket for setting gemstones or paste stones. Could very well be precious metal.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back