Maltese? Knights Templar?

pharris9

Apr 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to find out what exactly this item is and the symbols displayed. What I know about it: More than likely made out of iron. It's heavy, maybe 9kgs. It has what appears to be 2 hinges, and a loop. I think it is a door to something. A friend told me that it's the knight's templar cross, but on another forum, it's been identified as a Maltese cross. Any suggestions?

5.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg

The Maltese cross has been used by many different people and on ton's of different objects to assume it's from the Knights Templar . If you gave us a size it would be a better lead to what it was used for . My best guess is that it's from a old stove or furnace as a vent cover of some sort ... or the Maltese cross was also a Christian symbol so if it's small enough it might have been attached to a Church door so donations could be dropped in .. ??? My best guesses and opinions ... Woodstock

Upvote 0
Also German military. Iron cross comes to mind, and markings on aircraft during WWI and WWII.

Upvote 0
45 Centimeters by 38 Centimeters. It was found in Jämtland Sweden in a pile of Junk when we purchased a property.

Upvote 0
It looks like a panel to a small wood or coal stove. I've seen a lot of Swedish and Finnish heating stoves that are quite small when compared to American models.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back