May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This field was not on our radar but Cru'dad did a couple of short outings to find this option.
First field he tried was a bust, so he went next door & got a broken Medieval Brooch & a Pistol Shot (picture 1).
Then he did 1.5 hours on this site & got 2 scrappies, this was today's choose.
This low yield site has never produced a Roman Silver but we have had 1 Celtic Gold, but this short 3 hour hunt we had a little of everything!

11 Scrappies (+ 2 from the other day)
3 Iron Age (Celtic) 1st C BC Brooch, one was my 1st/maybe 2nd Continental Alesia type!
2 Broken Roman Rings
16th C Sword Pommel
17th C Leather Mount
18th C Clog Clasp
Nice Medieval Horse Harness Pendant8-)
Roman Military Suspension Loop (never seen this type in any books) :thumbsup: UPDATE: (From my leading contact on Roman Military) - ''Interesting photos. I have to say I don't recognise it. You are right, though, it does look Roman''
2 Cut Hammered's of Henry III, 1 short cross type & 1 voided long cross

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Upvote 31
Wow great job. Shame that them coins are grotty [emoji45]

That pendant is insane!! Love it [emoji7]

Your Dad did really well on sourcing this field, you guys did great today! :occasion14:
Love this little piece, is this the leather mount?

Dave

Attachments

• 3-crop.JPG
    3-crop.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 58
Your Dad did really well on sourcing this field, you guys did great today! :occasion14:
Love this little piece, is this the leather mount?

Dave
18th C furniture piece, the draw pull came out of the hole.

Thats a wide span of finds Cru! A day as i like. My fave is the horse harness pendant. Rare to find without broken off ears. Well done! :occasion14:

Awesome finds!

It's not really surprising that I found the exact same furniture back plate in SC, but it's kind of surprising just how similar they are.

backplate.png

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Awesome finds!

It's not really surprising that I found the exact same furniture back plate in SC, but it's kind of surprising just how similar they are.

View attachment 1796901
Yeap quite of few of this type has been posted in the US. Which makes sense as they are the most common type produced.

UPDATE:
(From my leading contact on Roman Military) -
''Interesting photos. I have to say I don't recognise it. You are right, though, it does look Roman''

If my contact who wrote the book on Roman Military doesn't know & I've never seen one published anywhere, then it's another Rare piece for the growing collection. I personally think it's from a foreign Roman Military unit brought into the Country.

Nice CRU! When is the "CRUSADER English Museum of Historical Artifacts" opening to tourists? Lol. Keep up the good work.

Nice array of finds

Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

Nice CRU! When is the "CRUSADER English Museum of Historical Artifacts" opening to tourists? Lol. Keep up the good work.
It's open to special invites only, however, because I've post ALL finds since 2007, a lot of it is open to all online.:thumbsup:

Congrats on the excellent stuff as always. Question about the "voided" silver penny. Does the cutting void it or has it been clipped?

Congrats on the excellent stuff as always. Question about the "voided" silver penny. Does the cutting void it or has it been clipped?
A voided cross is after the usual Long Cross Type, so they can cut down the centre of the long cross. ie. it refers to the gap in the crosses design.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back