low serial number star note

-e-

Sep 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 1999 $1 bill star note, serial number is A00000303*. Not really sure on how to grade condition, but it does have a fold down the middle and is still quiet crisp for a 14 year old $1 bill.

I have a picture but do not know how to post it. If anyone could let me know how to, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to Treasure Net !!
If you know how to play "Liar's Poker" and can find a game, you'll make more off that bill than any Ebay sale.
That bill is a keeper--no matter what it looks like.
Don.....

Thank you, and thanks for the answer. I do not however know how to play liars poker, nor have I ever heard of it. What is it exactly?

Would you have the slightest idea what the value would be on eBay? I'm not going to sell it, I really love this bill. I have never collected paperr money before, but when I was closing out our register at our store the five 0's just stuck out so I grabbed it. It definetly is circulated but the condition in my eyes is definetly good. I was reading about someone who had the same year bill, 1999, and was also a star note but his serial number was a lottler lower, in the mid 200's. He put its condition at extra fine and someone put an eBay value of around $40. Now I searched what qualified a bill as EF, and it said something like no more then 3-4 folds, and I can only tell one fold on mine. I know his was lower in the mid 200's, but the one I have being 00000303*, that would make it a partial radar would it not? Even if it doesn't, I would think since our numbers being so close, and my bill being better then an EF (in my opinion), and the serial number on mine being more of an "interesting" or "unique" serial number (again in my opinion), would make the one I have either slightly more or close to what his was valued at. Unless of course whoever valued his bill at that amount had no clue what he was talking about.

Again thank you for answering my questions, it is very much appreciated. Are pictures not allowed to be posted? I have one I would like to show if it would help in any way.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
IMG_20130921_220110_216.jpg

I posted a couple pictures, is there any other info anyone could give me about what its condition seems to be, and the value based upon.

I did that the day I found it at work, I called them and stopped by on the way home. He told me its nice but is not worth anything over face value. And I just find that very hard to believe. I do not expect it to be worth a lot of money or anything, and im not looking to sell it. I just like to know exactly what it is I have.
But thank's very much for your help Don, Its very much appreciated.

Yep, was never a collector so this is my first cool find. Needless to say I'm going to be going thru all our bills at our store from now on. Ill post if I ever find anything i think may be worth the time. Again I really appreciate your help Don.

Yea I picked one out of our dollar bills today, its nothing special just a star, serial number is nothing special and it is in terrible quality. I basically just took it as a precaution.

And Don, is there anyway I can add you as a contact or something? That way if i have something to ask I don't have to start an entire new thread.

If that Coin Dealer told you it wasn't worth over face I would never do business with that guy. Shady. It is definitely worth more than face. How much? Several Factors. One factor is how many star notes in that series were printed. If it was a small run (32000) they are worth a lot more than a run of 3.2 Million. Second would be condition. Yours would be probably grade Almost Uncirculated. I looked yours up and I believe yours was part of a 640,000 run (November 1999). Any run of 640,000 or less is considered rare, although yours is on the high side of rare. Third would be serial number. Yours is low which makes it on its own collectible. Combined with the fairly low run size of the star note and low serial number I believe its a pretty good collectible bill. Here is the page to look up star notes and their rarity. Very nice find.

My Currency Collection - Star Note Lookup

Last edited:
Thanks for the answer Jayman. And yup right when I found that bill in the register I immediately starting doing research on it and I found that site you posted and found the same exact results you posted. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back