Lost Wedding Ring at a Beach in Kenya

Freak4Fun

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2024
I recently lost my wedding ring at a beach in Kenya, and it holds great emotional value to me. I am urgently seeking someone with a metal detector to help recover it. Ideally, the person would already be in Kenya, in which case I would gladly cover the cost of the service. However, if the person is in neighboring countries like Zanzibar, Tanzania, or Uganda, I am more than willing to discuss covering the travel expenses as well.

If anyone has contacts outside of this forum who might be able to help, or if you are planning a trip to the region in the next few weeks or months, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you so much for any assistance or information you can provide.

There's no member of TheRingFinders.com in Africa, but, there may be a member that will travel there for a price. You may want to contact Chris Turner, the founder, and ask him about that. Some of us members are willing to go to most places (me included) but, the costs can be substantial considering flights, hotels, food, transportation, etc, with no guarantee of success. You also get into the site specific needs. Was this ring lost in the dry sand? Ocean? River? Jungle? If you're still there in Kenya, you may want to reach out locally for someone with a detector and the experience to use it at the particular site. In dry sand most detectors will work fine. You get into wet salt water sand and ocean, and you need better than average equipment. Good Luck!

There's no member of TheRingFinders.com in Africa, but, there may be a member that will travel there for a price. You may want to contact Chris Turner, the founder, and ask him about that. Some of us members are willing to go to most places (me included) but, the costs can be substantial considering flights, hotels, food, transportation, etc, with no guarantee of success. You also get into the site specific needs. Was this ring lost in the dry sand? Ocean? River? Jungle? If you're still there in Kenya, you may want to reach out locally for someone with a detector and the experience to use it at the particular site. In dry sand most detectors will work fine. You get into wet salt water sand and ocean, and you need better than average equipment. Good Luck!
Yes I have already checked TheRingFinders.
Flying someone in from the US is actually too expensive but I could not find anyone locally. Seams nobody does metal detecting here.

Ring was lost just in the shore waves at +1,9 tide hight. So during low low tides it should be in the wet sand.

There are thousands, maybe 100's of thousands of metal detectorists in Africa, but, they're almost all looking for gold nuggets and have machines geared for that. Your best bet is maybe to have a Nokta Legend shipped to you there and search for it yourself.

There are thousands, maybe 100's of thousands of metal detectorists in Africa, but, they're almost all looking for gold nuggets and have machines geared for that. Your best bet is maybe to have a Nokta Legend shipped to you there and search for it yourself.
I am not there anymore. I was only on holiday and leave today…

That can be an issue too. Someone needs to show the detectorist the precise search area. A good Google map will sometimes work too. In person is always best however, especially when it's a water search. Just out of curiosity, what made you choose a beach in Kenya for a holiday? That would never have made my radar for a holiday destination.

That can be an issue too. Someone needs to show the detectorist the precise search area. A good Google map will sometimes work too. In person is always best however, especially when it's a water search. Just out of curiosity, what made you choose a beach in Kenya for a holiday? That would never have made my radar for a holiday destination.
I made a lot of pictures to locate the area after I lost it. So the search area is easy to triangle.

Why not Kenya? It is a beautiful country and the beaches are stunning and less overcrowded like Zanzibar. So maybe a good next holiday destination for you 😉 just saying.

I made a lot of pictures to locate the area after I lost it. So the search area is easy to triangle.

Actually....by this time, not so much. Tides and sand are in constant movement, and items can easily get relocated.

Actually....by this time, not so much. Tides and sand are in constant movement, and items can easily get relocated.
Unless there is a major storm, like a hurricane, that ring isn't going to move much. Just get deeper as the sand shifts around it. I've found rings lost in the ocean for decades that didn't move hardly at all.

Unless there is a major storm, like a hurricane, that ring isn't going to move much. Just get deeper as the sand shifts around it. I've found rings lost in the ocean for decades that didn't move hardly at all.
Yes I have also read this and was hopefull. But now the biggest challenge is to get someone there. It feels pretty hopeless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back