Lost Gold

Thatā€™s a good question what am I afterā€¦ years ago I would have said the gold, but now thatā€™s kind of changed. And I honestly donā€™t know if it was found or not? I know the family searched and not just a little, the nieces new husband worked his butt off looking Iā€™m sure and they came up empty, despite knowing his habits. I know only a little of his history, I can only think in terms of what would I do. I wouldnā€™t hide it around the property the boarding house is on, or inside to easy for to be stolen, or lost from fire and the boarding house burned down sometime in the 40ā€™s I think, ashes are poor safe at best.

The development of Jackson in its general shape and layout around the boarding house has not changed all that much. The undeveloped area in that spot are pretty much the same defined by private property, it expanded a little growing in the direction of the church property, the tree with the fresh dig holes more remote than today, but still too near town unless he had some control over that ground. The newspaper articles mention different organizations he belong to and activity in the church, so he could have. It would need to be walking distance and simple enough he could have told her where to look?

The vacant land walking from the boarding house is mostly limited to the churchā€™s property and that vast area following Jackson creek unchanged except for a few things visible on google earth.

The only reason I focused on the churchā€™s property is because it was walking distance, had what looked like a saddle, a walking path bordering the long row of houses. This was just after the discovery was announced so I drove up to Jackson and walked around starting at one end of that path around to the other side looking for anything that fit the couples stated description and it was similar. A few feet off the path I could see the ground disturbed around a large oak tree, my heart sunk a little. I detect so Iā€™m pretty familiar with dig holes and this tree was surrounded with them, holes big enough to pull a jar from.

Thatā€™s basically what I know of that spot, but I may just be fitting the clues i found to fit my story, but hiding the coins the way they did doesnā€™t fit their story, if Iā€™m playing poker with them Iā€™d call their bluff all in.

So again I donā€™t know it could have been found, was the saddle ridge hoard in a different part of the Sierra rumors say so but in reality none of the press release from the couple can be trusted and the coin dealer put a lockdown around it, a lot tighter than the secret service did for Trump.

Back to what I want, I spent 30 years in emergency services where I developed a best case out of bad situations mentality Iā€™m not going to find it but like I said it isnā€™t about the coins anymore, itā€™s gotten to be the story and My great grandfathers memory, while I canā€™t guarantee anything except dreams and a little adventure with many more people aware, who knows?

I did send an email to the property corporation from the land app screen shot giving them a link to this thread but got no response, but I always thought he walked up Jackson Creek a ways out of town and out of sight to some landmark and hid them.
There is one more motivation to this too I guess after thinking about it if it was in Jackson which I canā€™t say, for now. But the secret has never come out, I understand their circumstances have changed if the story is true there is no reason not to solve the biggest treasure mystery location. So, not my main objective but kind of like dumb and dummerā€¦ so your saying I have a chance, that might be an all to fitting analogy, lol. Maybe this will motivate someone who knows some clue to share.

Thereā€™s other reasons, maybe who ever finds it if itā€™s out there I hope it to know and close that chapter itā€™s the story too, the ending.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back