Lost Gold of WWII

While some treasure stories are just legends or myths, some have some truth about them. Case in point, two old spinster ladies who were sisters, lived in an old house at the lower end of Emmerts Cove in Sevier County, Tennessee in the middle or late 1800's to around 1910 to 1920's (not sure the exact time periods). It was rumored that they hid Gold coins inside the house and even outside in the fields and elsewhere. When the 1930 big flood hit that area, water from the Greenbrier River (Middle Prong of the Pigeon River) got well up into the fields and flowed under the house. When the flood waters receded, the current resident at the time, emerged from the home to inspect the damage. He saw a glint of Gold in the dirt and rock driveway on the downstream side of the house. Upon closer inspection, he found that it was a $20 Gold piece and he followed a trail of Gold coins under the porch and house to a somewhat bowl shaped impression under the house which was filled with Gold coins. Later in the 1970's when the house was going to be torn down, two treasure hunters asked permission from the owner to search the house for treasure. He gave them permission but only if he got 60% of the finds or 60% of the money when the finds were sold. The two treasure hunters entered the home and one made a beeline to the closet under the stairs to the second floor. With his little hammer, he banged on the enclosure of each step and one gave him a dull bong sound. He pried off the enclosure of the step and found a half gallon fruit jar laying on it's side that was full of $20 Gold coins. As far as I know, that was all they found in the house but I have heard of more Gold coins being buried under flat rocks in the fields fairly close to the home.

When I hear of such stories I wonder where the people were getting all these gold coins to squirrel away.

When I hear of such stories I wonder where the people were getting all these gold coins to squirrel away.

I think the two old gals were actually Bootleggers but can't prove it. Maybe the Sheriff's Office has records that go back that far. It is quite possible that Bootleggers lived in the home in the 1950's. A 1955 Chevrolet Sheriff's Deputy's car disappeared somewhere in that area along with the Sheriff's Deputy around 1955 or 1956 and neither were ever found per se. However, my friend whose family lived in the old home in the 1960's and we also used it when tending Tobacco crops, got me to borrow a metal detector and metal detect the place in 1974 while I was on leave from the U.S. Army and which was long after the old home had been torn down. We found an old covered over well that was under where the side porch was and that we never knew was there before. While digging the signals from the old well, we actually dug out a chrome bumper and fender to a 1955 Chevrolet and when we dug out the door with Sevier County Sheriff on the side, we got spooked and threw everything back in and covered the well back over. Believe it or not, we never went back and never told anyone until recently but we did not give the location. Maybe I will go back there someday with permission and Law Enforcement.

I think the two old gals were actually Bootleggers but can't prove it. Maybe the Sheriff's Office has records that go back that far. It is quite possible that Bootleggers lived in the home in the 1950's. A 1955 Chevrolet Sheriff's Deputy's car disappeared somewhere in that area along with the Sheriff's Deputy around 1955 or 1956 and neither were ever found per se. However, my friend whose family lived in the old home in the 1960's and we also used it when tending Tobacco crops, got me to borrow a metal detector and metal detect the place in 1974 while I was on leave from the U.S. Army and which was long after the old home had been torn down. We found an old covered over well that was under where the side porch was and that we never knew was there before. While digging the signals from the old well, we actually dug out a chrome bumper and fender to a 1955 Chevrolet and when we dug out the door with Sevier County Sheriff on the side, we got spooked and threw everything back in and covered the well back over. Believe it or not, we never went back and never told anyone until recently but we did not give the location. Maybe I will go back there someday with permission and Law Enforcement.

That is a great story. I suppose, if the deputy is down there, his kin would like to know.
There had to be more people in on that business.

Hi, I'm new to treasurenet and look forward to reading more on this forum. I have a question if someone can point me to a link or contact information on how to contact the people that were on the Lost Gold of WWII that was recently on the history channel. I need to contact the two main treasure hunters John Casey and Peter Struzzieri who were the treasure hunters. I need to contact them about another Japanese burial site that they may know of or not know of.

Rust: welcome!
Try here : https://www.ampleent.com/

This company produces the show. The actual Executive Producers are Mike Stiller and Mary E. Donahue. They are responsible for putting together the hunting crew for the show.
They may be of interest in what you have, or could d the info.
Their website has some contact info to get you started. It actually says, ""have your people call our people" with awesome
ideas!"
Good luck, and keep us posted if it works out!

Hi ,Kind of funny that none of these productions ever mention the great post war salvage industry in the Pacific TP

The entire Yamashita legend is just that: A legend. A camp-fire story telephone game legend gone-awry. But it's deeply ingrained in the Philippine culture. Such that everyone there thinks that every single cave, swamp, canyon, sunken spot, funny squiggle on a rock, etc... all contain "Yamashita's treasure". You can literally buy various treasure maps on the street corners there. Complete with pedigrees that "someone who was on the soldier detail, that passed the map down to their grandchildren", blah blah .

And the people in the TV show are doing nothing but reading from scripts and cue-cards. It's all just Hollywood fancy. Those treasure hunters don't know anything other than you can get by googling various renditions of the legend on google. And their "eye-witness" (yeah right) is just some older Filipino guy in So. CA who answered a casting call for auditioning. And ... no ... was not there, was not an "eye-witness", etc.... It's all just entertainment, with no basis in any truth of a reality of a treasure.

But sure: Each telling of the story (the 100 different versions and locations) will each be "rock-solid bullet-proof true", right ? That's just the allure of treasure stories. You can never put them to rest. And your mind will subconsciously put critical skeptical thinking aside. Because of the psychology of "no one wants to be left out". So each story recipient will be 100% adamant that their location is 100% true. But ... durned that government red tape. Or durned those booby traps that the Japanese planted. Or gee, we need a metal detector that goes 50 meters deep. Or how to drain a swamp, etc... But rest assured: The treasure is there. Right ?
Hi there,
when I was 8 years old this was way back year 2000, we were swimming at the beach at northern part in cebu philippines and I saw 2 small boats we called it bangka in our dialect, and I saw 3 japanese people one of them using binoculars and one is a fisherman, the are looking at one big stone we just to jump on when its hight tide. Days later the beach was for sale for 4 million pesos, we were no longer allowed to go swim there but we sneak out. Weeks later, they operated the stone and one fisherman saw that they removed the boulder with a chainblock and the fisherman saw 2 boxes carried by group of men. After 30 years, i realized treasure hunting is my calling. I joined one of the best decoders and group of engrs's team. We went back and saw the trail markers and even the north east give aways. I know its hard to believe but this is my personal experience, i am working now as VA and also worked previously in Google Philippines, I met maxar team, lidar and all gadgets that could find this treasure caches however its best to use the markers or maybe use the satelite offered by John casey and his team. Right now we are working a north east give way. Here sr the details.: 1 big boulder with letter D and its a cone type boulder with left huge shoes marker for volume. when we start to dug out, we saw 3 holes with 3 centemers wide and shells on the center hole. we dug 18ft and we saw asphalt oil and sea shells, 21 ft we saw a skull marker with tear drop on the left eye, we follow the tear dropm and we saw number 8 sign on the stone, 35ft we saw a stone like bullet. 45 ft we saw group of water markers, first was a sting ray, a happy fish, crabs and sea shells, 48ft we saw mirror objects and budha carved stones, we saw a huge boulder and when we removed a fossilized crab was there, we follow the crab sign sideways and now we found a tunnel. right now we are removing a wall type boulder. photos will be followed, will continue to update here. thanks.

Attachments

• d1dd1c60-fa71-48b1-a077-8d1537cb6c76.jpg
    d1dd1c60-fa71-48b1-a077-8d1537cb6c76.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ebb37115-3fcb-4459-a4f1-ddb0b4434fdf.jpg
    ebb37115-3fcb-4459-a4f1-ddb0b4434fdf.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 2
  • cf850056-0e37-43fc-aa76-c881200068cd.jpg
    cf850056-0e37-43fc-aa76-c881200068cd.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 77ddc314-6abb-427b-9b8f-651e65d54031.jpg
    77ddc314-6abb-427b-9b8f-651e65d54031.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 62a22927-edfb-402b-83f0-f1e5b299231d.jpg
    62a22927-edfb-402b-83f0-f1e5b299231d.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 57b1d462-adb1-40c2-a8c0-3e91e9582f52.jpg
    57b1d462-adb1-40c2-a8c0-3e91e9582f52.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 2
There been treasures found in the Philippines of Chinese , Spanish and Japanese origin that a fact ...but this show is phony and if Yamashita treasures were real Marcos and some high ranking Japanese took that secret to there graves ..I believe there were a few real big treasures on land and many in the sea my only proof is the war records of what was stolen from the banks , mines and mints ....
I agree with you, i personally experienced it. I Saw 3 japanese men checking on the big stone on the beach we use to swim in northern cebu.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back