All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_4207.JPG
    IMG_4207.JPG
    692.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4208.JPG
    IMG_4208.JPG
    996.5 KB · Views: 112
Interesting piece - will watch for the experts to chime in.

Welcome to t-net!

Upvote 0
Wow that looks rough !

First of all Welcome to TreasureMet.

a Google search suggests there was a 1869 Silver Dollar
1869 Seated Liberty Dollar Coin Value, Facts
But it almost looks like a Counterfeit. (Not Silver) or a Burned Dollar to me.
I can't tell by your pic of the Reverse, If there is a Possibility it as originally Connected to something and ripped off.

Hopefully someone here can shed more Light

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would have never thought rosette, but it makes sense, and I don't have any other answer except counterfeit.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• seatedlibertyshellcard.jpg
    seatedlibertyshellcard.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
here's one that i dug years ago. ,my research led me to believe it was an advertising piece. the back had a cardboard disc with advertising on it with a celluloid cover.celluloid.jpgcelluloid2.jpg

Upvote 0
here's one that i dug years ago. ,my research led me to believe it was an advertising piece. the back had a cardboard disc with advertising on it with a celluloid cover.

I probably would have hunted down the advertiser's descendants and exchanged all their coffee for decaf or something.

Upvote 0
That definitely looks like the same thing to me reale bill, where'd you find that at?

Upvote 0
Great find, very cool find... Is the silver dollar you put with it also counterfeit? It looks subject?

Upvote 0
here's one that i dug years ago. ,my research led me to believe it was an advertising piece. the back had a cardboard disc with advertising on it with a celluloid cover.

I think bill nailed it

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back