lexington ky
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/ace 250
staticmap

Attachments

• image-94701387.jpg
    image-94701387.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 212
looks like the flat part would have be mounted to something. Reminds me of a bull horn!

Upvote 0
I found one in a tree about 7 feet up.Asked my detecting partner if he knew why it was there.He was sure it was for field dressing a deer.If there are hammer marks on the side...bam...there you have it.

Upvote 0
Could it be a pipr tamper/tool?

tamper blur.jpg

Very similar in shape to this one.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
i am thinking some kind of hook , but it would be hard to drive in to the wood with the angle it is made in.
but on the other hand if you had a existing hole to stick it into the down force would make the point dig into the top of the hole and lock it in place like a scotch.......but honestly im not sure..looks cool though.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for info is there a simple test to determine if its brass. I'm thinking cast iron but am unsure.

Upvote 0
If a magnet sticks to it its not brass or bronze at least not old bronze ,So i guess its not a slave token.

1884.99.42 - Pitt Rivers Museum

Here is an iron Manilla version. To be honest I thought they only did brass & Bronze (it looked very bronze toned in the picture), plus I have seen some white metal versions.

Upvote 0
I never knew there were iron ones.
Glad you researched that I didnt bother since it was not bronze, brass or copper.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back