looking to build a high banker/dredge

I would say 1.5 to maybe 2" nozzle max and keep it under 15' That isn't much flow. What kind of pressure? Dredging you need flow and pressure.

Welcome to marketing! Seriously though I ran a 2.5" nozzle last year with a harbor freight 2" 6hp pump and suction was adequate but got loads of plug ups, though my flow was good the pressure is what makes the difference. I'm running a 4" dredge now and I can tell the difference in suction having higher pressure. Like I said keep it under 15' and it should work.

i dont agree! your pump is to small to run some nozzels.forget about the 2 or the 2 1/2 nozzels for sure! your pump would probly be fine for just the HBer but not nearly enough pressure/volumn for a nozzel!

i dont agree! your pump is to small to run some nozzels.forget about the 2 or the 2 1/2 nozzels for sure! your pump would probly be fine for just the HBer but not nearly enough pressure/volumn for a nozzel!

What Russ said

We build nozzles and the Honda 1.5hp will only suck sand and no rocks. The Honda 2.5hp with a dredge pump will run 2.2.5 dredges and up to 4" underwater systems.

You need to educate on psi vs gpm as backpressure kills the bs pontificated by pump sellers-clear water vs trash pumps vs close tolerance hi psi pumps-educate and prosper-flex hose junk vs solid hose is yet another massive difference in ease of use,gpm delivery--John

Ok enlighten me then lol

Good day,

Unfortunately there is far too much involved in water pump theory and how it operates in various situations and pump types to simply "enlighten you" in a post here. Hit the all mighty internet and look up centrifugal pump operation, the difference between volume and pressure pumps, back pressure, friction loss in hoses and appliances, the difference between clear water and trash pumps, etc. You can start with those and you will most definitely be "enlightened".

Thanks, Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back