IMG_2167.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2168.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 4
Some history:
The Corvette has been in production since 1953, named after a small warship. There have been eight generations of Corvette. Yours is from the 3rd generation (1968-1982). The car was designed to interest American servicemen who had fallen under the spell of Jaguars, MGs and Triumphs during their World War II service in Europe. The Chevy Corvette was the first proper American sports car.

I owned a full-sized 1963 Vet for 30 days. It was stolen before the registration papers cleared.
Thanks for the memory; really.
Don in SoCal

Upvote 1
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Some history:
The Corvette has been in production since 1953, named after a small warship. There have been eight generations of Corvette. Yours is from the 3rd generation (1968-1982). The car was designed to interest American servicemen who had fallen under the spell of Jaguars, MGs and Triumphs during their World War II service in Europe. The Chevy Corvette was the first proper American sports car.

I owned a full-sized 1963 Vet for 30 days. It was stolen before the registration papers cleared.
Don in SoCal
thanks for the history and the thoughtful response, HH

Upvote 1
Don in SoCal
The C-2 has always been my favorite generation of Corvette. I'm not much of a fan of any corvettes after '67. Sorry yours was stolen from you. I can't stand a thief. I think they should be fed to sharks.

Upvote 0
I can remember back in the 1st grade the old teacher who must've had 20+ years of teaching in the early 1960s telling us tomorrow we'll have show & tell and please do not bring any Quipie dolls and Tootsie toys. I was like what the hecks a Tootsie toy??. Those two toys I believe had already run their course by the mid 1950s, but my Alexa is telling me Tootsie made it all to the year 2005, which is news to me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back