Link need, missing gun from the Mary Rose?

I agree. And, I guarantee you the contractor who built it made a killing, and was most likely a close friend or family member of someone tied to the museum.

Would have been much more realistic if they used wood, which was much more available at that canons time than was Lexan lol.
Yes, there is a lot of what I would politely call conflicts of interest within the English Heritage departments it is not too hard to work out what companies are being hand feed, with public money. If Archaeology is based on learning, then all the universities should be the ones who are funded to de the work then, students learn firsthand. There is no need for private companies to [aid for watching briefs and their owners to be licensees of shipwrecks.

The Mary Rose Museum is run by the Mary Rose Trust. It is not a public institution and has nothing to do with English Heritage. https://maryrose.org/

Yes, as I said above it’s a limited charity. The Trust’s conservators made a conscious decision with respect to the acrylic carriage and portions of other artefacts on display which are acrylic.

A spokesperson said one question frequently asked by visitors was "what in your display cases is real, and what's a reconstruction?"

In the interests of clarity, everything on display is 100% Tudor with replacement portions made of frosted acrylic to distinguish them and show how much of the artefact has survived.

The Mary Rose Museum is run by the Mary Rose Trust. It is not a public institution and has nothing to do with English Heritage. https://maryrose.org/
The Mary Rose is an English Heritage protected wreck site, as with several wreck sites, watching Briefs and other contracts are awarded to private contractors. The Mary Rose trust are not the people I am referring to as hand feed. Although they do receive a lot of public funding in the form of grants.

The Mary Rose is an English Heritage protected wreck site, as with several wreck sites, watching Briefs and other contracts are awarded to private contractors. The Mary Rose trust are not the people I am referring to as hand feed. Although they do receive a lot of public funding in the form of grants.

Just for clarity, ‘English Heritage’ was split into two parts in 2015: ‘Historic England’, which is an executive non-departmental public body of the Government; and the ‘English Heritage Trust’ which took on the old name and logo of English Heritage. The latter has responsibility for the Mary Rose wreck site (but not the museum) and it’s also a charity (which was given a total of £80 million in government grants to help establish itself, paid as annual subsidies until 2023).

The Mary Rose Trust receives no regular funding from governmental bodies but it was one of 1,385 museums, theatres and other cultural organisations given funds as part of the government’s ‘Covid-19 rescue’ scheme in 2020 following a dramatic drop in footfall. They received £655,304

Thanks for the information, still need to find a link to the cannon, it for the Mary Rose Trust, they dont want to move or recliam the gun just would like to confrim it is one of the missing guns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back