• image-1479825636.jpg
    image-1479825636.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3712970425.jpg
    image-3712970425.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Hey YoungBlood,

I can't really tell much about it from the photos, other than it appears to still be in a socket. There may be some information on it's base. I don't believe it's a very early example.

Idk how old the light bulb is, but the reason why the milk bottle is turning purple is because , bacon the day they put magnesium in the sand to make the glass clear, and when exposed to the sun light it slowly turns purple! HH.

detroitdigger said:
Idk how old the light bulb is, but the reason why the milk bottle is turning purple is because , bacon the day they put magnesium in the sand to make the glass clear, and when exposed to the sun light it slowly turns purple! HH.

I've got a few other bottles like that I just wish the milk bottle wasn't broke because its the first milk bottle I've seen thats doing that.

the reason why the milk bottle is turning purple is because , bacon the day they put magnesium in the sand to make the glass clear

Hey guys,

The glass makers did add manganese dioxide to the batch as a decolorizing agent. World War I interrupted the availability of manganese, and they began to use selenium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back