Legend Update Frustration

Crudbud

Sep 18, 2024
I don't consider myself very computer literate, so looking for advice on updating this Nokta Legend, from someone that knows how computers operate. I've had this machine for over a year and still running 1.05. I do not have a home computer, and have asked previously in forums, only to get one or two replies with bogus information, that wasn't very Friendly. Now I mentioned my only access to a computer, was a public computer at the local library, and had concerns about if this option would work. Well apparently, from what I noticed, you cannot download drivers, or programs to the C drive of a public computer or alter it's software number one. Then I thought oh, I'll just get a potable USB flash drive for the Library's USB D port on the front panel. Downloaded the files to be extracted? Extracted to where? Even if I downloaded the drivers for the computer to recognize the Legend I would have to restart it but those drivers won't be on the boot drive C because you cant alter the public C drive or download to it. Am I correct in this theory? Even if I had the files on the flash drive plugged into the USB port, how can I plug my Legend USB cable into the computer when the flash drive is in the only available port? Even if I could plug into another one on the back panel, I still do not think it would work? Or could it? I want information from someone who knows how computers (public) function, not from people who had no problems on their home computer that let's them install to their C drive please. Another situation is they will have a firewall that they will not disable for me. Also the 1.05 version does not have "Factory Reset" option, just to get that out of the way. Yesterday I tried for the first time to do this on a fairly new Windows Laptop, it wouldn't recognize the Legend, not sure if it was because of Anti Virus software or not, but all it would do is download update files, then when I clicked on them the would just open the folders without any download operation taking place when opened. I was able to push the up button on legend to get the "Up" on the Legends screen but no operation or recognition from the computer, I didn't think the person, whose computer I was using, was comfortable, with me disabling their anti virus software, so that didn't work either. Really frustrating buying a new machine, with the old software, and only a month later after purchasing it, they upgrade to the newer lower shaft and coil option, but that is no big deal in comparison to still running 1.05 and not even being able to factory reset the unit. As strange as it may seem, I know of nobody with a home computer to use, and was in a town 3 hours away when I finally got the chance, and now that opportunity is not available. When opening the folders, I had seen folders with 1.07, 1.09 versions but none with 1.15, and this was from the Nokta Website. Thanks in advance, to the knowledgeable person, who can understand these variables, and inform me that, technically I'm screwed with the resources I have or to anyone who can educate me on any processes or program features on the computer, that I'm not aware of, to perform the update!

...looking for advice on updating this Nokta Legend...
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to NOKTA DETECTORS > NOKTA LEGEND for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back