LED ZEPPELIN

Ha good old Led Zep. Stairway to heaven or Kashmir.

At my old farts and tarts bar every Wednesday we shoot pool and play old songs. . Led Zep, Jefferson airplane, Doors, Fleetwood mac Animals, Stones. George Throgood, Deep purple, Credence clear water revival, Pink Floyd, Alice cooper and host of others.

They can keep their rap crap today.

Crow

Last edited:
Jeff, always figured they made up that song while sitting around just shooting the breeze while smoking a few cool ones.

Battle of Evermore...one of my fav's...Plant, Page and Akhtar

"Stu" is Ian Stewart, the Rolling Stones road manager and piano player. The song was recorded when Led Zeppelin was set up in Headley Grange. They were using the Rolling Stones mobile recording unit and Stu stopped in. There was an old piano in the main room that was slightly out of tune. Stu was playing it and Jimmy Page was tuning his guitar to how the piano was out of tune. Tape was rolling and everything was pretty much improvised from Bonzo's drumming to the lyrics Plant was singing.

I'm no Valens Fan.
So zeppelin's version is #1 to Me

Last edited:

ZEP RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play drums and Bonzo is why. Many other drummers have influenced me, but Bonham IS(was)the man. I also have a decent voice and can play and sing at the same time Thank You and Your time is gonna come.
We play a bunch of zep tunes and one of my fav to play is Good Times Bad Times. I have to cheat by using both feet to impersonate Bonzo's right foot and can't sing it at the same time because there's just too much drumming going on.
I also play The Ocean, BIOH (can sing some and play the harmonica intro as well), Dazed and Confused, Rock N Roll, Black Dog, Communication Breakdown....pretty much, if the bass or guitar player starts playing a zep tune, I'm in. One that is REALLY fun to play is Fool In The Rain. Such an over the top cool beat.

HH and Happy Zep Tunes, all!

OH MY !!!
I forgot about this Masterpiece !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back