🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Leather mount...info needed

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
I dug this up and would like to know if this speaks to any of you...clearly a leather mount ( still leather under the back attachment) 2 T over N 24.
The style of the numbers makes me think it's pretty old...dug at a late 1700s early 1800s site. Its brass and is fairly heavy for its size.
I'm happy hear your thoughts on this one

Attachments

• 20241002_080743.jpg
    20241002_080743.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 38
The back view looks like a link from a drive chain. That doesn’t make sense for the leather though.

Upvote 0
That is very cool & screams late 18th C to me. I assume it's Military related but I can't make sense of it.
2oT (The small circle between the 2 & T, I believe is significant, if we can figure out what it means?)
N.24 (I think is Number 24)

Upvote 1
That is very cool & screams late 18th C to me. I assume it's Military related but I can't make sense of it.
2oT (The small circle between the 2 & T, I believe is significant, if we can figure out what it means?)
N.24 (I think is Number 24)
I feel you are correct that the o is a significant piece of this puzzle but I haven't been able to find anything remotely similar to compare it to as of yet
The 2T led me to go in the direction of 2nd team or tier maybe but until I find something else like it I'm just grasping straws
N24...yeah number 24 was my assumption too
Thanks for your input

Upvote 1
I feel you are correct that the o is a significant piece of this puzzle but I haven't been able to find anything remotely similar to compare it to as of yet
The 2T led me to go in the direction of 2nd team or tier maybe but until I find something else like it I'm just grasping straws
N24...yeah number 24 was my assumption too
Thanks for your input
I couldn't even hazard a guess as to it's function either. Never seen the likes...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back