Laugh If You Want!

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
How Ya'll Are???

Hi from the newest forum member. I'm brand new to MDing and the forum, but it's something that I've had a kinda-sorta interest in for a long time.

So, here's the deal. I went to an auction about 3 weeks ago and bid $5 on a White's Treasure Master "Super Metal Detector", Model TM 65, SN 700-352, made 3/65 and ended up winning this sucker (no other bids!!)!! I managed to get batteries for it (a 67.5V and an old-style 9V) and jury-rigged a 1.5V C cell and lo and behold, it fired up! Then I went to whiteselectronics.com and lo and behold, there was a manual for it that I downloaded (thanks, whiteselectronics!). OK, I fired the thing up, then spent one afternoon MDing my back yard and front yard, finding only a bunch of wire buried. Then I took it out to a local park and found a whopping 11 cents!! :o Today I went to the local little league field and ended up with another 7 cents and a plumb bob!! It was a blast!!!!! All my coins have been recent ones. ;D So go ahead and laugh, folks....but the darn thing works...and works well!!!! ;D I think I've found a new hobby, one that leaves me nice and relaxed and that I can do with my 9 year old son. For $5 for the detector and another $50 in batteries, not a bad deal at all.

I live in Carlsbad, NM, so there's tons of history and old houses, ghost towns, etc out here. I haven't seen many MDers around, so maybe I'll have some virgin territory to work.

It's been great reading all the posts the last few days. So, "Hi everybody."

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back