Latest Cornicopia of Finds

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Guys, here's my latest mix of colonial and Civil War and other finds. Several bullets(30+), a few nice buttons, and a really cool Colonial spur buckle with the silver gilting still on it! I got on a new site last week, and the very first signal as I put the detector down was a Civil War tent tensioner so I was pretty happy knowing that some goods would come up. ALso found a gold brooch that is missing the stone...The Block "P" for lack of a better term was a funny story. I dug it out of a civil war campsite amongst several other bullets and buttons and when I popped it out, I thought I had dug a Confederate Riflemens button for a moment because there was a dirt clump over where the lower "leg" of the "R" would've been. When I cleaned it away and saw a "P" I was pretty flabergasted smiley-confused I have dug several Civil War era and post war era Police buttons but most every one of them have had a wreath with a smaller Old English-style "P" in the center. DeepSouthDiggerLA found one on youtube recently in Louisiana on a civil war site as well.....Then I got a nice button signal and popped up a button with a rope style border that I thought was going to be a NICE one but when I cleaned it off, it was a Virginia Tech button WAY before it was Virginia Tech...when it was known as the "Virginia Agriculture and Mechnical College" back in the 1800s. I did manage a nice Eagle Staff and One-Piece Eagle "A" as well. All and all, not too bad. Thanks for looking guys
:occasion14:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

The Greyish finish to the top spur buckle is actually the silver gilting. The black spots are
where the silver gilting have come off...the pic doesn't do it justice...
7390666786_5f22b4bf04_z.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 5
Does Tin flake off? The silver finish is flaking off, that is why I had to stop cleaning it. If I were to continue, the buckle would be the black color that is showing in those chipped areas... The black looking spots are where the finish is flaking/chipping off.

Sure does.
UK Finds Database - - - UKDFD

Nice digs there Josh. Virginia is famous for producing the vast age range and variety. Keep them coming.
-Evan

I would have to say a stellar day and great finds. Thanks for sharing.
TnMtns

Thank you buddy :icon_thumleft:

Wow!!!!!!!!! you had one heck of a hunt there, big congrats on a plate full of awesome finds :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend!

Great looking finds, congrats. :hello2: :coins:

:icon_thumleft:

Man those are sweet finds!

I appreciate it buddy:icon_thumleft:

Hey Josh , looks like you served up a heaping plate full of mouth watering appetizers . Wish I can order up the same stuff but ya can't get that Southern cookin' up North :occasion14:

:laughing7: That's too funny Dawg, good analogy for sure. Yeah I figured i'd serve it up on a platter :icon_thumleft:

10-4. It looked too shiny to be tinned at first so that was why I thought maybe gilt, but I appreciate the confirmation that it's tinned. :occasion14:

Last edited:
Nice digs there Josh. Virginia is famous for producing the vast age range and variety. Keep them coming.
-Evan

I know Evan, I'm glad that you can confirm this to others....sometimes I think people don't believe that we dig all this stuff, but you having lived right here by me and having hunted some of the same sites, you can attest to the fact that it's a very regular occurrence and quite common to find such a vast time span of finds here in this part of Virginia. Thanks buddy:occasion14:

amazing finds as always!

Nice cornucopia of finds indeed Josh! The assortment and quality are great!! That "A" is a very nice find for sure as it pops out very nicely!!!!

IM

Outstanding gang of cool digs ya got there.......................:icon_thumleft:

That definately is a nice "plethora" of finds.... love those buttons!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back