✅ SOLVED Last nights underwater finds whatsits

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my finds from last nights low tide. The three ringer was cut in half and the holed...why? Have found a few clock keys but they are always square...this one is triangular...clock key also? The skeleton key by far the biggest i have found....any idea what it went to? The last item i found a couple nights ago and have no clue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 453
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 417
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 325
attachment.php

Hello Kieth,

If this is holed / hollow, it certainly appears to be a perfume atomizer nozzle.
pumpth.jpg

Upvote 0
The skeleton key is probably an old house key to the front door, wonder just how long that has been going back and forth in the tides till you found it .. Very neat.

Upvote 0
Solid. Looks threaded at flat end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The 3 ringer was used as a fishing sinker. I find a lot of them here in the river...d2

Upvote 0
I have found two that are flattened and holed also D2 for fishing weights at this spot. Just couldn't see someone taking all the time needed to cut one in half lengthwise. That was one determined fisherman! Your probably right...thanks!

Upvote 0
The thing that is round with a square hole on one end and a round hole on the other. It is an old glass door handle base. I don't have a pic. But I have seen a few.
Great finds! Nice job!
John

Upvote 0
Hey BigJohn, Had a couple buds say it was part of door knob also. The only reason I think it is something else is there is no keeper set screw on the side. It is slick all the way around it. Thanks, Kieth.

Upvote 0
john said the same thing i thought , but with no set screw on the side i don't think thats it. those 3 holes on the end look like they could be set screws but i have never seen one like that .

Upvote 0
knob.jpg
i used to restore antique houses and have seen allot of these but none like the item you have.
i am actually thinking it is more modern , does the end fit a ratchet ? i was wondering if it may be a end off a adaptor for a ratchet ?

Upvote 0
Have found nothing modern at this site. It is brass and slick on the inside so that should rule out tools. It just looks oddly familiar for some reason. This site has been underwater since 1905 but had a Union army camp/site. Have pulled dozens of minie balls, musket balls and a couple belt plates from this site.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back