Last finds for 2023

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Finally got enough rain to wash most of the leaves away. Still need one of those floods that go over the banks. But I walked anyway and did pretty good. Top is a scraper, below left is a tip of a quartzite blade, other quartz is a base to a beat up Dalton. Below that is a nice blade/knife, little point in the middle made from a flake, nice example of a flake blade next to the point and below row is pottery sherds. Found some worked chert and flakes that I didnā€™t keep. But it was a good walk. Always nice to get out and it was cold. See if you can spot the knife in the water šŸ˜ƒ poor little frog must of froze.

Attachments

• IMG_2567.jpeg
    IMG_2567.jpeg
    503.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2568.jpeg
    IMG_2568.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 8
I see it in the water, not easily though, good eye.
Wonder if the frog is just in deep hibernation-hopeful thinking.
Wonderful creatures, bury themselves in the mud under water
Stay like that for 4-5 months, wake up, eat, repeat the next season.

I see that adena looking dark one I circled at top. It almost looks like a Clovis base circled below. Did you look at it?View attachment 2123007k
I took a few passes after finding the blade. Nothing but rocks but I did find the tip and flake blade and debitage nothing else. Thatā€™s just another rock in your 2nd pic I saw millions just like it šŸ˜ƒ

Query: Have you ever used Muriatic acid or hydrogen Peroxide for cleaning off the organic?
No itā€™s the stain Iā€™m trying to remove. Once I cleaned a black point and it was actually white quartz underneath the stain. Iā€™ve found some blue stone artifacts in that creek with stripes. Iā€™m hoping for something like that. Has inclusions in the stone but we will see how it turns out. I will do a before and after post when itā€™s done

I was testing new areas; somewhat local near one of my "quartz" sites. Plenty of quartz but nothing worked.
Never know until you look. Sometimes when they turn the soil one year you will find good ones and the next soil turn you find nothing. Then another turn and they pop back up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back