All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• TV18 Pulley Side.jpg
    TV18 Pulley Side.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 97
  • TV18 Pulley Top.jpg
    TV18 Pulley Top.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
That's something that has value over most all other old run of the mill cast iron junk. I'm thinking late 19th early 20th century?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hay loft pulley was my first thought, but I see that the shaft doesn't go all the way through. My next thought was a reversing pulley for a sawmill carriage. The reversing pulley mounts under the carriage horizontally and can't have a shaft sticking up. Or maybe on the side of a thresher? Tony

Upvote 0
Hay loft pulley was my first thought, but I see that the shaft doesn't go all the way through. My next thought was a reversing pulley for a sawmill carriage. The reversing pulley mounts under the carriage horizontally and can't have a shaft sticking up. Or maybe on the side of a thresher? Tony
Indeed! didn't see that on my phone as it does have a hub on one side. Can you post a picture of it flipped to the opposite side ?

Upvote 0
Just to be different and throw out another possibility, I am going to go with antique water well pulley, but in reality it could have been on nearly anything back in the day.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back