Aug 21, 2023

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0684.jpeg
    IMG_0684.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
Could be a hay hook. Kinda small for that though.

Upvote 1
Horse or tractor pulled hay rake.
Here is a better picture of one of them. If you look on the pointed end you can see where something has broken off. I believe the two pieces were attached. Or at least something has broken off of both pieces

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpeg
    IMG_0644.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Upvote 0
Here is a better picture of one of them. If you look on the pointed end you can see where something has broken off. I believe the two pieces were attached. Or at least something has broken off of both pieces
Did some looking. Hay rake tines are not the answer. Usually round and sprung at the attachment end.

Upvote 0
Clean them up with a wire brush, there might be part numbers or a manufacturers name. Then we can research that way.

Upvote 1
Bolo tines
Just got them to the house today. I leave most of the stuff on site until property owner/ boss sees them. Will try to see if there are any numbers today. Some things I have been looking into are, some sort of clutch pedal bracket off of old tractor or something to do with logging.

Upvote 0
I’d guess they are part of a grappling hook set, used to lift hay into the barn loft. If so, would have been attached to a mechanical “trip” device.

Upvote 1
Clean them up with a wire brush, there might be part numbers or a manufacturers name. Then we can research that way.
Cleaned them with wire brush. No discernible part numbers. Added a picture to the first post to give everyone a better view. Should show better that they were either attached together or at least there is a piece broken off of each one.

Upvote 0
Found two of these on old Georgia homesite. Originally thought they were old log rollers but don’t have a hook for grabbing on the end. It seems like they were attached together on the pointed end to each other. Anybody know
My boss’s dad is in his 90’s. My boss showed him a picture of the items. Told him they were part of an all purpose walk behind plow. My boss then found this picture. Here is the picture that I believe solves this for me

Attachments

• IMG_0736.png
    IMG_0736.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 21
Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back