Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the thermometer said 40, so out I went.. Hit an old farm and decided to start in on the vast fields around it. The frost was heavy and almost undiggable, had to hit the handle of my digger with some rocks to get thru the frost in some spots. Found these large cents, both near a stone wall in the field and both down about 6 inches, one is an 1825 and the other an 1844. Hopefully can get back there some this afternoon while the weather is fairly warm.

Attachments

• 11207LCs.JPG
    11207LCs.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
Outstanding digs! Congrats!!

WTG. I am sure you will find more once it warms up. Nice!!

Well done Maine!! What will unfrozen ground give up???

Very nice!!

HH

shit damn awesome

Nice way to start the year. You,ve got the coppers now go for thr silver and gold!

Ed D.

Excellent find!

I hear the frost really moves coins and rocks around in the earth. If so, you could conceivably detect the same area again in the spring
and find more. ;)

Ridley

Ridley said:
Excellent find!

I hear the frost really moves coins and rocks around in the earth. If so, you could conceivably detect the same area again in the spring
and find more. ;)

Ridley

Ridley...the frost surely does just that...everyplace I hit this past year will be hit again come Spring and hopefully alot of the deeper coins were pushed up into range...:) Thats about the ONLY good thing I can say about winter...the frost is moving coins and other relics around and helping to make em easier to find the following Spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back