Lapis Lazuli: Who wants to trade?

C

Cappy Z.

Guys, the women love this gem of a stone. It is a blue rock made up of several minerals including but not limited to lazurite, and yellow pyrite. It is the specimens with the intense blue and shiny yellow pyrite that is most sought and considered the Best quality. Here I have a small cabochon Lapis pendent cluster that needs a fine sterling silver thread to hang from my beautiful wife's neck.

I can't believe how inexpensive these stunning highly polished gemstones are going for. I won't even tell you. You wouldn't be able to handle it. And yet, her smile is priceless.

Attachments

• Lapis Lazuli Pendant Set1.jpg
    Lapis Lazuli Pendant Set1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 275
Re: Lapis Lazuli : Who Wants To Trade???

Unlike other posts..I really just want to trade. This is a spectacular Lapis set which any woman would love. Yes, you will need to find someone familiar with making jewelry to connect the stunning cabochons with gold or silver wire. But what a fantastic addition to someones chest of jewels?

Attachments

• LapisGem.7jpg.jpg
    LapisGem.7jpg.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Ashleen said:
are these drilled thru ?

Yes, You can see the polyethylene line tied at both ends holding the cabs together.

All one needs is the expertise (like you) to finished the necklace.

:read2:

Upvote 0
My good friend Ashleen..what would you do with this lapis? Tiny fine side holes in each cab. Do you think you could make a necklace or modified pendant? Any ideas?

:wink:

Upvote 0
BillyBudd said:
Do you think you could make a necklace or modified pendant? Any ideas?

of course I could.
and you can too!
go thru that folder of patterns I sent you.

I let the stones give me the ideas....I know that sounds goofy; but that's how I work ;D

Seeing as they're pre drilled,,,, would be super easy to string them on some fine silver wire, with maybe a freshwater pearl in between each? play with it; the stones won't mind :wink:

Upvote 0
Ashleen said:
BillyBudd said:
Do you think you could make a necklace or modified pendant? Any ideas?

of course I could.
and you can too!
go thru that folder of patterns I sent you.

I let the stones give me the ideas....I know that sounds goofy; but that's how I work ;D

Oh my God...My wife loves pearls! Can you picture a single pearl placed between each cab?

Wow!
Thanks for the tip!

BB

Seeing as they're pre drilled,,,, would be super easy to string them on some fine silver wire, with maybe a freshwater pearl in between each? play with it; the stones won't mind :wink:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back