tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This I paid $5.51 for last night. The base is signed Waterford cut crystal. The base stands 10 inches tall. Could be a good resto project for someone. Checking sales history I don't think i'll knock it out of the park, but it's worth maybe 40-50 bucks I'm thinking. I'm not finding this exact design to compare. Looks like an easy fix and the glass is all good. Vintage 1960's maybe??... In the past I did alright on the Waterford pieces, but they have cooled down from those days when everyone was using all that available credit to buy things they didn't really need.

Attachments

• lamp waterford 1.jpg
    lamp waterford 1.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 83
  • lamp waterford 2.jpg
    lamp waterford 2.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 75
Easy fix to say the least.. Looks to just need that metal piece that snaps in above & around the switch. It doesn't get any easier to fix than that! Then it just needs a harp.

Easy fix to say the least.. Looks to just need that metal piece that snaps in above & around the switch. It doesn't get any easier to fix than that! Then it just needs a harp.
I know very little is needed. I'll try and find an older thrift store lamp that has a good light socket & harp with a little patina on on it, so it looks period. I'm not going to try and find a shade, as that's something I think any prospective buyer would like to choose. A new cord and plug maybe. It's kind of cool how the cord running through the center of the clear glass is camouflaged by the reflection of all those cuts in the crystal. Should I look for a setup with a standard shorter harp or extra long one??.

I know very little is needed. I'll try and find an older thrift store lamp that has a good light socket & harp with a little patina on on it, so it looks period. I'm not going to try and find a shade, as that's something I think any prospective buyer would like to choose. A new cord and plug maybe. It's kind of cool how the cord running through the center of the clear glass is camouflaged by the reflection of all those cuts in the crystal. Should I look for a setup with a standard shorter harp or extra long one??.

Dunno which harp size to use on that one but I agree the shade should be left up to the buyer unless your selling it locally (like in a booth) then a shade might actually help it sell but for eBay forget the shade & having to ship it too. I have so many old lamp parts it's crazy! Cords, sockets, harps & everything in between in brass, chrome, copper, marble, glass or any material you can think of. Boxes & boxes of it so I can experiment when I rebuild them. I even have a crap load of shades too! I have a couple lamps I been putting off building for weeks & weeks & weeks. If you were close to me I would give ya whatever you needed for that one & a few others!

This is the one I want to get done first. When I got it it had no guts just as the pix show it. Hexagon Asian style hanging lantern type lamp. It's not little either at about 18" tall x 11" wide. Seems old & has a pretty old UL sticker on the inside (mid century I think). It's crazed like mad & the material in the inside that show in the cut out portions of the ceramic is in great shape. It was free so the price was right! I personally like it & plan to use it (maybe in an enclosed porch). I've never researched the lamp so dunno if it has any value or not.
DSC03528.JPGDSC03529.JPGDSC03530.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks gadget, I have a box for it that I can ship it in when I get around to putting it up on ebay. I'll find what I need. Man you can find good deals on lamps at thrift stores. I went home depot today to get some screen and looked at lighting prices. There expensive. but HD doesn't seem to deal in table lamps much. I'll list this maybe in the fall. I'm getting to be a bit of a hoarder and did this last week talk to a lady who runs a antique mall on space prices. Ebay for me has been sucking wind lately, but that's always been the case for me in the summer month.

Ya I know what you mean about the summer months. Everyone is out & about searching for deals at yard/garage sales & outdoor flea markets I assume. Maybe that's why I never sell much to people in Florida, LA & San Diego as it's always summer those places?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back