Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Arrow Lake :
October 15, 2023

Oct. 15—PINE GROVE — On its 100th birthday, Sweet Arrow Lake received a long-awaited present — plans are underway to dredge the 60-acre waterway.

Craig Morgan, president of Friends of Schuylkill Parks & Recreation, said a consultant has been hired to prepare a plan for dredging the lake.

Aaron Clauser, president of Clauser Environmental, will draw up a plan and submit an application for a dredging permit to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the state Department of Environmental Resources.

"We're hoping that the application can be made by spring," said Clauser, whose firm is based in Kutztown.

The announcement came as about 50 conservationists and community leaders gathered at the Big Dam Trailhead to dedicate Phase 3 of the Swatara Creek Floodplain Restoration project.

000aaa.jpg

btw to the left of where it says "Craig" they threw over 20 Slot Machines. They Busted them up threw them all supposedly, along with the Money in & Dumped several ton of Rock on top. this is Where I found my 2 . in the area where it says "Morgan" a Policeman told me 2 slot machines were sunk from a boat before the raid. one was supposedly found , but I Never found out who found it.

the N.W. Corner (Boat Launch Area) was the Main Swimming area 30's 40's & ?

back turn of the century 2000 - 2004'ish
We Had Full permission to hunt this lake from the Friends of Sweet Arrow Lake
We found Everything from Diamond rings, class rings, ww2 era military buckles , religious metals, cone top beer cans, fishing rods and fishing gear of all kinds. indian relics, colonial coins silver coins, slot machines guns etc.etc.
only thing I don't remember was a Kitchen Sink :tongue3: when they planned on dredging back then they were planning to put the dredged material being dried out in a farmers field and promised we could hunt it. would have been like
Mudlarking on Steroids no doubt about it ! :coffee2:

Since then The Park has Changed Hands & Is Now the first official Schuylkill County Park and Greed has Set in !

Schuylkill County Parks and Recreation Rules and Regulations for Sweet Arrow Lake County Park, All visitors to the Park must comply with all the Park Rules and Regulations while within the Park.

http://www.sweetarrowlakepark.com/SAL_Rules_and_Regs_3-24.pdf

under General Rules. No person shall: #5. Remove or disturb an historical or archeological artifact, relic or object. :(

at this point I do not know if they Will Drain & Dredge or Wet Dredge ,
or even how much they will do. if they actually do this time.

or if rules could be suspended

so until it happens I Cannot update on If the Contents will be Placed nearby or hauled to the dredgers place for personal cleaning.

Stay Tuned ! :coffee2:

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC
You can always try begging.
Full on...
On hands and knees..... some tears in the eyes for effect.

I do this often upon asking for permissions.... they open the door to a weeping man on all fours with a metal detector on their front porch gets the ole heartstrings and out of pity they say yes.
:P (jk of course)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back