Kryptos cipher ?

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
This post is for Marc/JeffofPA. I don't know much about the Kryptos cipher, except that it sits on the CIA grounds, and NO ONE has cracked the whole code yet. What I do know is that part of the sculpture/cipher has been solved, and points to something buried. It also gives lat./long. coordinates that point to somewhere on the CIA grounds.

What I want to know is should this be put under Treasure Legends, or in Armchair Treasure Hunting? Or maybe I'm just looking into stuff! :P Who knows?

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

Yeah take look at it all it is is the alphabet repeated in a spiral pattern. I think there is a reward for who ever solves it. I dont have a clue where to begin trying to figure that one out... ???

Upvote 0
So my thoughts on Kryptos

1) Grounds are laid out with compass readings, etchings in rocks, and strategically aligned features.
View attachment 1090978View attachment 1090979View attachment 1090980View attachment 1090981View attachment 1090982View attachment 1090984View attachment 1090983

2) The Cryptic Lettering is set up on an object appearing like a cross shaped flag, attached to a piece of Arizona Petrified Wood/Stone, with other ground markings laid out in an array of clues.
View attachment 1090988View attachment 1090989View attachment 1090990View attachment 1090991View attachment 1090992

3) The coded message reads on the left panels, transposed through shifting cyphers and other coded cryptic messages in the Keywords

View attachment 1090995

Solves 1 and 2 are Vigenere Cyphers, Solve 3 is created from counting the 192th letter in sequence as the words are read transposing the letter until the sequence repeats itself, and the 4th is unknown, with the FINAL SOLVE being the combination of all the clues, phrases and symbols pointing at a final location.

4) The Solve for K1 of the 4 part solve.....Keywords are KRYPTOS and PALIMPSEST

BETWEEN SUBTLE SHADING AND THE ABSENCE OF LIGHT LIES THE NUANCE OF IQLUSION

(****misspellings are actually intended)

5) The Solve for K2 of the 4 part solve.....Keywords are KRYPTOS and ABSCISSA

IT WAS TOTALLY INVISIBLE HOWS THAT POSSIBLE ? THEY USED THE EARTHS MAGNETIC FIELD X THE INFORMATION WAS GATHERED AND TRANSMITTED UNDERGRUUND TO AN UNKNOWN LOCATION X DOES LANGLEY KNOW ABOUT THIS ? THEY SHOULD ITS BURIED OUT THERE SOMEWHERE X WHO KNOWS THE EXACT LOCATION ? ONLY WW THIS WAS HIS LAST MESSAGE X THIRTY EIGHT DEGREES FIFTY SEVEN MINUTES SIX POINT FIVE SECONDS NORTH SEVENTY SEVEN DEGREES EIGHT MINUTES FORTY FOUR SECONDS WEST X LAYER TWO

(****misspellings are intentional, and the actual original cypher was translated as .....EIGHT MINUTES FORTY FOUR SECONDS WEST ID BY ROWS. Sanborn apologized for this 'mistake' and then offered that affected change to the community to correct himself. To be noted that as of this point, that the solver of this part then noticed a similarity in the cypher that allows the artist to make changes in the solves according to dual cyphers, showing another intentional layering of the clues.)

6) The Solve for K3 of the 4 part solve.......Translation created by counting off the 192th character and repeating from that letter to generate the next in the phrase

SLOWLY DESPARATLY SLOWLY THE REMAINS OF PASSAGE DEBRIS THAT ENCUMBERED THE LOWER PART OF THE DOORWAY WAS REMOVED WITH TREMBLING HANDS I MADE A TINY BREACH IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER AND THEN WIDENING THE HOLE A LITTLE I INSERTED THE CANDLE AND PEERED IN THE HOT AIR ESCAPING FROM THE CHAMBER CAUSED THE FLAME TO FLICKER BUT PRESENTLY DETAILS OF THE ROOM WITHIN EMERGED FROM THE MIST X CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING Q ?

(****misspellings are intentional, and the passage is taken from the diary of Howard Carter as he opened King Tut's tomb for the first time. This phrase is altered from the original quoted phrases : “...as my eyes grew accustomed to the light, details of the room within emerged slowly from the mist, strange animals, statues, and gold - everywhere the glint of gold. For the moment - an eternity it must have seemed to the others standing by - I was struck dumb with amazement, and when Lord Carnarvon, unable to stand the suspense any longer, inquired anxiously, 'Can you see anything?' it was all I could do to get out the words, 'Yes, wonderful things.” )

7) The solve for K4 of the 4 part solve.......is still unknown

Sanborn had given a clue.... Letters 64-69 NYPVTT in part 4 encode the text BERLIN

After some time and a lull in the solves.....I made a calculated guess and submitted a solve with an omitted 4th section, relying on the overall bigger picture and the charted lines of direction provided by the coordinates as a point of reference for the center of the compass, and the directions it pointed, and the objects of interest in mind.

The resulting locations were.........Oak Island.....and the Superstition Mountains.....two of the biggest Gold dumps that remain unsolved

Then I proceeded to go online in contact with Elonka Dunin, providing her with my solve for the whole and the K4, which I had guessed on being somewhat involved in this type of treasure hunt

The resulting translation I got from the coded message, using the amount of letters and the provided one word BERLIN, was :

Taken from the script of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark....... Europe Sections intercepted a German communique sent from Cairo to BERLIN. For the past two years the Nazis.

(**** NOTE : this is derived from the transposition to a phrase that fits into the area using the singular word BERLIN for the purposes of alignment)

After submitting this solve to Elonka and doing some more work online, I noticed that the artist went public with another clue, directly contesting my solve, and offering the next word in the phrase after BERLIN, as being the word CLOCK, leaving us with the two words BERLIN CLOCK

(**** NOTE: This is the second time that he has stepped into the scene to offer a change to the puzzle, one that may or may not be a clue, but part of this double cypher, and I feel that he is directly doing this to reveal the additional layers that keep the hunter searching along the lines, but not solving the puzzle. "The sculpture reaches out to the lawn, where something will be buried (deeper layers). The artist has made clear that there are more layers to discover which lay outside the sculpture." )

Sanborn further stated that in order to solve section 4, "You'd better delve into that particular clock," but added, "there are several really interesting clocks in Berlin." This is true but these two holds more weight than any of them and are a directional piece of art like his....the Mengenlehreuhr translating literally as the Set Theory Clock, and the "Berlin Clock" are the two most suspect

View attachment 1091014View attachment 1091015

the first relates to sequenced codes of electronic layering.....the other relates to astrological orbits and dates according to the lines of its blueprint. to me the second is more suspect, but the first can also be integrated into the supposed additional layering and coded numbers available for their potential clues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back