KofC

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Went to my favorite park today and found some interesting items. Aside from the expected shell and shotgun butts I found a KofC medal which was stamped Bastian Bros Rochester NY. I also discovered that the people in the area were far more sophisticated than previously known. Although the sites are generally mid to late 19th century, it seems they also used GPS. I guess it helped them locate those good hunting spots to drop their shells.

Attachments

• KofC and Garmin.JPG
    KofC and Garmin.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
Does that garmin still power up?
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Well, I found it under a bit of wood. It was wet but seems to be reasonably water proof. I cleaned it up and am letting it dry right now. The batteries in it were not wet but I suspect they were dead so I tossed them out. Wanted to avoid a possible short by trying to fire it up. Going to contact Garmin and see if they can fix it. If they can do it for less than the cost of a new one, then I'll have it repaired and use it myself. They list at $199 on the Garmin website.

DMN said:
Well, I found it under a bit of wood. It was wet but seems to be reasonably water proof. I cleaned it up and am letting it dry right now. The batteries in it were not wet but I suspect they were dead so I tossed them out. Wanted to avoid a possible short by trying to fire it up. Going to contact Garmin and see if they can fix it. If they can do it for less than the cost of a new one, then I'll have it repaired and use it myself. They list at $199 on the Garmin website.
I have 2 and they work great. Can't go wrong with that one bein free. Hope it works for ya.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back