cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I forgot my ruler! It's about 5/8" tall and 3/8" or so at the small diameter. The hole on the end goes all the way through but the one on the side doesn't. The side hole looks like it might be threaded and doesn't go into the center hole. There is an "O" ring in a groove on the end so I figure it must have been used with fluid or gas. The knob end (top?) is grooved so you can get a grip on it. Seems to be brass or bronze. Anyone recognize it?

Oops, I almost forgot the photos.....

Attachments

• 100_1153.jpg
    100_1153.jpg
    914 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_1154.jpg
    100_1154.jpg
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_1155.jpg
    100_1155.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 104
I'm thinking maybe something from a propane plumber's torch ?

Upvote 0
I'm thinking maybe something from a propane plumber's torch ?

My first thought also, except the hole goes all the way through, which has me scratching my head. The hole on the side is more than likely for a set screw.

Upvote 0
Looks like some kind of air-bleed fitting. For a hot water radiatior, perhaps.

Upvote 0
Some good ideas so far. I was leaning more towards a reticle dial for a scope or a surveying transit since that O-ring could also be to keep fluid out, such as water which will wreak havoc on delicate scope parts.

Upvote 0
My thoughts is that it is the top to a brass plumb-bob.

Upvote 0
The tip of a perfume atomizer?

atomizor.jpg

Best,

Scott​

Upvote 0
My thoughts is that it is the top to a brass plumb-bob.
This seems a little over-engineered for a plumb bob. Aren't they just one piece with a point on the bottom? I think all the ones I've seen were that way.

Upvote 0
This seems a little over-engineered for a plumb bob. Aren't they just one piece with a point on the bottom? I think all the ones I've seen were that way.

nope .. not at all... do a google image search for brass plumb bobs ..you will be amused by the many intricacies.

Upvote 0
The more I look at this thing, the more I think it's a jet for an oil feed. Maybe one for a drill or lathe? The only way it would attach is with the threaded side hole. It must use a thumb screw or something similar. Nothing else on it is threaded or has an attaching point. If you needed more or less oil supply, you removed the thumb screw, grabbed the knurled collar, twisted/pulled it out and installed another one of a different size hole. I know, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to design something like that since you could just install a valve to do the same thing but I've run out of other ideas. A fixed orifice for something, but what?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back