Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PART 1 5/23/07

Hi all, I haven't been out much lately but I did get a chance to check out a nother private yard today for about an hour. The house it sits on was built in 1925..I was pressed for time, but it has potential based on what I found so far.

Today I recovered some toy cars (one is the Batmobile!), some modern coinage, a bullet, a Sunbeam name plate and a Knights of Pythias European War medal.

The person who lost it has his name engraved on it. I never heard of this fraternal order until today, and I'm in the beginning stages of finding out who this man was. The medal looks old.

MAY1-1.jpg

MAY4-1.jpg

MAY3-1.jpg

PART 2 5/24/07

Do you ever go to an old house expecting to find old coins but only come up with clad? What gives? I was able to get back to the old house again between jobs today and came up with 58 more coins - all modern except for one - 37 pennies, 11 quarters, 9 dimes and a nickel. The only old coin I came up with was a 1945-P wheatie. I did however find a few interesting relics...some toy cars, a toy jack, a saw handle of some kind (at first I thought I dug up a piece of an old Derringer!), a bullet casing, part of an old razor, a drawer knob, a cap gun hammer and a few tokens..one is a 1960's Mr. President Coin Game token from Shell, the other is a "NO CASH VALUE" token (I thought it was a V-nickel at first, but that's how it goes)and the other I really got a kick out of - it says, "HEADS I WIN" then "CCC" and "Cascarets ALWAYS WIN". Then in small letters it says "BEST FOR THE BOWELS" :D The flip side shows a little angel sitting on the pot..above it reads "TAILS YOU LOSE" and below says ALL GOING OUT - NOTHING COMING IN". I did some research and the coin (an antique) is an ad for a laxative!

Anyway the pics are below, still shaking my head about not finding any silver, but I really enjoyed the time I spent there.

VACANT7.jpg

VACANT6.jpg

VACANT5.jpg

VACANT4.jpg

VACANT3.jpg

VACANT1.jpg

VACANT2.jpg

Nat

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back