Knife--bullets--buckles and some what is its?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This afternoon I decided to brave the heat and go out into the woods. Glad I did! ;) Found a knife--the blade is 6" ....under the knife was three blobs of something....silver when I scratch it with my fingernails...... then a couple of bullets as usual... :D and a little further on two handles of some sort....they were about 4' apart....my first thought was it looked like the handles off my Granny's old trunk that she kept quilts in! lol! ;D And then a fat wire of some sort.... Oh yeah....the handle on the knife looks to have been wooden.
So....is there anyone here that can tell me what kind of knife I have found....and maybe even an approximate date? ;D

And.... how can I clean the knife without ruining it? ???

Wanted to stay longer but the heat got me and I had to give up......maybe tomorrow! ;)

Nana

OOPS...almost forgot the little buckle that I broke flaking the dirt off of it.... :'(

Attachments

• 081205.JPG
    081205.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0
Hey! Thanks for all the replies! ;) I have let the knife sit in the bubbly stuff for a total of 6 hours and it really is looking great! I can now read a few letters on the top! Maybe --part of the word soligen---can make out the 'gen' and then the word 'steel' and then 'any' maybe Germany? :o I'll attach some pictures so that hopefully you can see the shape of it. I really am thinking this is a knife....maybe not a REALLY old knife....but.....then again...what do I know and that's why I'm asking! LOL! ;D

;)

Attachments

• topofknife.jpg
    topofknife.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 215
  • taperlines.jpg
    taperlines.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 202
  • gensteelany.jpg
    gensteelany.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 193

Top Member Reactions