Picture 323.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Picture 324.jpg
    Picture 324.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 13
Nice! Congrats!

cool, bucket list coin for me!

Great job. That looks like a tricky one to clean....you may be able to get some of that crud off but too much cleaning is going pull the detail off as evidenced by the edges. Good luck!

Nice KG II! Looks like the old head version?:icon_thumright:

Great job. That looks like a tricky one to clean....you may be able to get some of that crud off but too much cleaning is going pull the detail off as evidenced by the edges. Good luck!
Totally agree,been down that path before..will try little bits of cleaning every so often,only good thing is coin really has little value other than thrill of digging it up,so if details gets a bit ruined no extreme loss and would stop at that..

Nice KG II! Looks like the old head version?:icon_thumright:
Not well versed in varieties of this coin,maybe if it cleans ups without falling apart can check between online versions listed,are there any from this reign that are worth more care in cleaning?

Love seeing old coppers come from the earth. I never knew just how much I loved history until I started detecting. Nice coin as usual Happy Camper. Go easy on the cleaning that's a tricky one

Not well versed in varieties of this coin,maybe if it cleans ups without falling apart can check between online versions listed,are there any from this reign that are worth more care in cleaning?

HC, to detectorists, they are ALL worth taking care in cleaning. KG's are on everyone's "wanted" list.

HC, to detectorists, they are ALL worth taking care in cleaning. KG's are on everyone's "wanted" list.

Well said OD! If you put in the time and effort and pull a good one it's a shame to not have it as nice as possible to be displayed. It makes me very sad when I dig one that I can't do anything with. Like losing a friend. You will only find so many in your life so make em all count as best ya can my friend. Goof luck HC

very nice LC!

just drooling

Looks like you've found a very old site in the woods HC! :occasion14:
Love to see what your KG II looks like when it's cleaned up more!

Dave

Well said OD! If you put in the time and effort and pull a good one it's a shame to not have it as nice as possible to be displayed. It makes me very sad when I dig one that I can't do anything with. Like losing a friend. You will only find so many in your life so make em all count as best ya can my friend. Goof luck HC
Totally agree with you guys,if detail start to disappear while trying to clean a bit,will leave it the way it is,and a I too have a small dish of coins that Ive dug that will never be able to tell what they are..so this is a very nice find for me and will show it off proudly.

Went out for 4 hours this morn in same neck of the woods ive been finding old odd coins,today got a KG II half penny,havent done any cleaning but a few spots where crud came off doesnt look too bad underneath...will post some pics later on after a bit of cleaning,thanks for looking.

Hello. Awesome find. I just found one myself and it is still quite caked with dirt or whatever. Have you cleaned yours up yet and if so what did you use? Any updated photos?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back