🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax

Attachments

• IMG_5626.JPG
    IMG_5626.JPG
    599.2 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 5
Looks like someone's collection! Strange!
Good fortune for you tho! Congrats!

the larger ones were probably to the door of a house (that is what my house had) and the smaller to various desks....all 100 year range....

Wish I could find keys like that. been hunting for keys that will open a door in my house that has been locked for 30 years or better.

Wish I could find keys like that. been hunting for keys that will open a door in my house that has been locked for 30 years or better.
This key will fit that lock for you. :laughing7:

SS

Attachments

• 3103_3-lb__sledge_hammer_tekton_2_.jpg
    3103_3-lb__sledge_hammer_tekton_2_.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 126
some look like rail road lock keys

Wouldn't be surprising if they were dumped by a thief who decided they were not worth keeping or too noisy to carry.

I once recovered an embossed zippo lighter and about 80 cents in pennies in a pile under the leaves in the woods. Turned out the landowner had been burglarized about twenty years back and the thief apparently didn't like carrying all the noisy change so they dumped it. Although the lighter was in rough shape from time and elements, the landowner was thrilled to get it back due to some sentimental value and insisted I keep the pennies.

go to youtube, search Lever Mortise Lock Picked[h=1][/h]

i like the bow on the top 2 keys, on the right, nice find

Any chance you could somehow advertise a large collection of keys found so maybe the owner could be found. I'm assuming a burglar stole them also and dumped them. Maybe they were on a string that rotted away.

But good find guy.... Brad

it is not all that uncommon to have a large group of keys like that. I do, and I know of several other folk who do as well, especially if you are of a certain age. I doubt a burglar dropped those, I think they were just accumulated... I would venture to guess most of the folk on this site have a lot of modern keys in several drawers around the house that don't open anything anymore or drive anything anymore or that they just plain forgot what they got to....

Ya that and Murphy's law- the second I throw it out I find the locked item it goes to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back