diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted these a couple years ago on here and didn't get any real answers on the one particular piece.I found them in a freshly cut tobacco field in Kentucky,while on vacation a few years ago.The oval shaped stone appears to be sandstone and probably is nothing more than a "rock",but it's a cool looking rock so ,whatever.I know tha one on the right towards the bottom is an arrowhead.I think the one at the top is a scraper,the smaller one beneath it and to the right is shaped just like it only it's smaller.The one that puzzles me is the piece to the right of the quarter.I took some close-ups to see it better.We have some different members on here since I posted these,so I figured I may be able to get a better idea as to what I have,any ideas?

Attachments

• kentucky finds-1.jpg
    kentucky finds-1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 366
  • kentucky whatsit-1.jpg
    kentucky whatsit-1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 371
  • kentucky whatsit-2.jpg
    kentucky whatsit-2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 373
  • kentucky whatsit-3.jpg
    kentucky whatsit-3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0
My first impression would be that the odd shaped rock is a weathered fossil of some sort. The top piece appears from the pic at least to be a nice knife blade, then a broken point/tool and lastly a nice little woodland point- very cool stuff. I think the bottom smooth rock is probably just that.. a rock... but it's never really a for sure thing just looking at a picture...and some stones could be used and leave little evidence of it

Looks like knife blade, nice point, chip of material, odd shape piece with different v angles Im sure was some type of tool used to smooth or form a edge. Ive found a few but they are in flat longer stones. Smooth oval stone is hard to say. Unless there is some marks of use or making I usually toss them back or my house would be full of them and I would have to sleep in the shed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back