Keep an eye out for __________ coins in circulation...

i have gotton alot of coins from circulation. A few kenedy halves a merc dime a few wheaties and a bahamas penny and a bunch others i cant remember

Hey Scavenger, the modern coinage ain't worth much! But there's a few that would be eye catching even though you might need a magnifyer (like me, only age 37 and I can't see with or without my specs)!
The lincoln's dates 1969S dbl die obv, 70S small date, 71S dbl die obv, 72 dbl die obv, 83 dbl die obv, 84 dbl ear lobe, 92D close "AM" in the word AMERICA on the reverse side, also years 98P,99P,& 2000P have some close "AM" that are worth a bit more $$. One other lincoln in the 1995 dbl die obv. These are all cents that are still in circulation, I'm always checking my pennies!
There's a 1974 Kennedy half that's dbl die obv too! Hey, ya never know!
Chris

I knew a girl in high school that found a 1964 proof in her change. I tried to buy from her but she new it was special cause of the frosted face...

Delaware and Pennsylvania quarters are still common and can go for $1 or so if they are in MS60 or so shape.?

The DD pennies that DigginItUp mentioned are the main ones to look for, but most of those are impossible to spot....

I go thru alot of change at work and I am content to harvest wheaties and occaisonal silver.? I have found a few buffalo nickels too over the years, one of which you could even read the date.? Anyway, MDing is going straight to the source: you can get relatively uncirculated coins out of the ground, anything you find in change is almost always going to be worn worn worn.? The DD rares and whatnot are so rare and hard to spot I just leave them for the pros.

BTW, if you ever find paper money with ANYthing wrong with it, it is worth money.? I have seen bills with no serial numbers printed on them, or with the serial numbers printed on the back.? Also sometimes corners get folded over before printing leaving a fold-out blank spot....anything like that can be and probably is worth hundreds.? Silver Certificates still lurk out there too, while usually not worth much, they are rarer than silver dimes and quarters in change!?

Attachments

• silvercertificate2.JPG
    silvercertificate2.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 424
  • noserial2.JPG
    noserial2.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 374
I went to my bank the other day and the teller said that he had a $100.00 bill without a federal seal on it do you think i should try and get it ?

He said that it's been in his drawer for months because he dosn't know what to do with it.

What are those type of errors worth?

Onion

I would say it would be worth quite a bit, esp since it is such a high denominations...obviously it is worth 100!!! But there are many, many more 1 dollar bills made than 100 so it is more scarce regardless of the denomination....

This link is the best I can do!

http://www.coinsite.com/html/USCurrencyErrors.asp

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back