K River 11/18

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone up for a K River dredging trip this weekend I am taking the new 4" Sunday.:hello2:

CIMG0152.jpgCIMG0156.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh man, too short of notice for me. That dredge certainly looks nice!

Have you looked at the water flow numbers? It's almost down to 0 right now.

Yes I have seen the flow but the water is to cold to be stagnent.I just want to get out and play with the new toy and try out the wetsuit heater.

CIMG0160.jpgCIMG0161.jpgCIMG0162.jpg

Oh man, I forgot about that heater. With no water flow, I would be more concerned about draining the river; that dredge will move more than 1/2 CF of water a minute!

Good luck, I wish I could join you.

Oh man, I forgot about that heater. With no water flow, I would be more concerned about draining the river; that dredge will move more than 1/2 CF of water a minute!

Good luck, I wish I could join you.

Going to work the large pool north of the gravel bars that pool is over a mile long lots of water.Mainly want to see where to set the box and give everything a workout so I am ready come spring.This is my first Proline they are differnt from the keenes I am used to.I know where there is a rock ledge with a drop off that crosses the entire river that we can get to with a little work about a mile and a 1/4 float.It is a giant ripple in the river it has to have a bunch of gold below it a couple guys with a pair of 4"s should do well.Hint Hint:occasion14:

I know where there is a rock ledge with a drop off that crosses the entire river that we can get to with a little work about a mile and a 1/4 float.It is a giant ripple in the river it has to have a bunch of gold below it a couple guys with a pair of 4"s should do well.Hint Hint:occasion14:

I think I love you <in a completely hetero, gold fever kind of way>!

So, I'm curious how the new dredge worked and what your thoughts were on it.

Jason the carb plugged up and could not get it to run worth a darn.A little riggin and I could get about half throttle.I like the fact that the flair jet does not plug but I had to weight the front to get a angle I like.Only run dirt for about a hour.I have 2 new carbs in the garage so i will swap it out tomorrow.Did not get a chance to put on the wetsuit but I had hot water flowing.I have hunting this week dont know when I will get it out again.

That sucks about the carb. That's the prob with dredges, you can't test the engine without water for the pump. I'm not sure how your box attaches, but I added a riser block to the head of my sluice to get the angle I liked without putting half the box under water.

Proline dredges adjust angle back at the hanger for the jet I am used to the keene setup so I have a learning curve ahead.I will take some pics later.

just make sure you add either Sta-Bil or Seafoam to your fuel to prevent this in the future!

russau Thanx for advise I make a point not to get ethenol fuel.This carb has a piece of sand or something plugging the top jet and that is the sealed one on this carb.It is from Cali so it is not adjustable.

UPDATE
WHOO HOO got it fixed it pays to have a friend that owns a mower shop.Also put a spare in my dredge stuff.

Last edited:
dropped into a hole that was already there about 3 ft deep cant see them in the pic but about 15 pieces of flour.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back