Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to look at a vehicle for my brother and in the garage on a shelf here sits this german original helmet. I have a shell already but this one is all there.
I offered half of what they are going for and he said sure. Pretty stoked.
20190626_180121.jpg20190626_180112.jpg20190626_180124.jpg

I realize that this is not what you want to hear, but: that is not a WWII German helmet.
The shell lacks the "liner pins" (should be three of them), and the "vent hole" is shaped differently than a model M1935 or M1940.
The liner system / chinstrap / bale attachment is completely different than any German combat helmet.

Last edited:
I realize that this is not what you want to hear, but: that is not a WWII German helmet.
The shell lacks the "liner pins" (should be three of them), and the "vent hole" is shaped differently than a model M1935 or M1940.
The liner system / chinstrap / bale attachment is completely different than any German combat helmet.

Yea ,I see the difference with my M1940, it does have very old worn Wehrmacht paint but will have to do some research.. the shape is identical ..:icon_scratch:

Yea....looks like a Spanish helmet with german markings...
The Germans did help the Spanish in their civil war in the 1930s not sure about this helmet.. bummer

Still a cool looking helmet either way.

Very Nice! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back