Just let me at em.

I can think of a few human species that should have been on that list.
More than a few. Everyone of us are part of the most invasive species this world and at one time even our moon has ever witnessed.

I’d rather clean a 250 lb buck than one stinking rabbit. They are the worst! All the predators out there can have my share. It’s a great food source for them. Any plant we want to keep around here gets wrapped in wire. No other way.
When the ever expanding prarie dog colony behind me spreads out to a certain point the man with the big specialty designed vacuum truck gets a call. He sucks them outta their hole and in the back of the tank they shoot into a trampoline type net so they don't get knocked out. Some go to be relocated to other open spaces and some go to the Denver zoo as food for the Hyenas.

Me to. I believe I saw an old film where'd they'd have like a social gathering event. I think they'd string-up a long fence like net and then coral all those hares into the net and everyone would run in and club them to death.
Yeah that's right. I tried to find it but couldn't. It used to be one of the first videos to pop up in a search. Not hard to guess why its so hard to find now. It used to be on our govt pest animal site too. Too nasty for sooky la la's to see.
I saw one image where the actual dead rabbits at the fence had been replaced with fake kind of pencil drawn ones. Nuts!

Yeah that's right. I tried to find it but couldn't. It used to be one of the first videos to pop up in a search. Not hard to guess why its so hard to find now. It used to be on our govt pest animal site too. Too nasty for sooky la la's to see.
I saw one image where the actual dead rabbits at the fence had been replaced with fake kind of pencil drawn ones. Nuts!
Yeah I believe that's what the video was about. Sportsmen introduced bunny's to hunt and it then it went way out of control, so they came up with a new sport of bunny rabbit genocide. Interesting I saw a show last night how they are doing genetic manipulation to bring back the Tasmanian tiger, because they got hunted into extinction. That would be awesome if that can be done. Your lands don't need any of our bunny's what so ever imo. Seems to me the way your folks eliminated them was a good way without the use of poison and shooting and trapping as many as you could probably wouldn't have put a dent in the problem. I just saw an evasive Japanese beatle in my garden today. I just went in the house got some needle nose pliers to crush that rock solid little bugger. I'm seeing such an increase in those. My youngest daughter probably would've thought me a cruel sob had she seen what I'd done to that bug. Neighbor lady probably thought the same of me.

Yeah I believe that's what the video was about. Sportsmen introduced bunny's to hunt and it then it went way out of control, so they came up with a new sport of bunny rabbit genocide. Interesting I saw a show last night how they are doing genetic manipulation to bring back the Tasmanian tiger, because they got hunted into extinction. That would be awesome if that can be done. Your lands don't need any of our bunny's what so ever imo. Seems to me the way your folks eliminated them was a good way without the use of poison and shooting and trapping as many as you could probably wouldn't have put a dent in the problem. I just saw an evasive Japanese beatle in my garden today. I just went in the house got some needle nose pliers to crush that rock solid little bugger. I'm seeing such an increase in those. My youngest daughter probably would've thought me a cruel sob had she seen what I'd done to that bug. Neighbor lady probably thought the same of me.
Yeah the Tassie Tiger was sad. Farmers thought it was killing livestock but wasn't, just caught eating an already dead sheep here n there. Their love of open spaces contributed to their demise also so they say. Easy to hunt apparently. We are lucky our Wedgetail Eagle didn't go down the same path. It nearly did from over zealous farmers thinking that seeing one here n there feeding on a dead lamb carcass, that in reality died from frost, was killing the lambs.
They did end up controlling the rabbits using mixo, not a pretty sight seeing them with it, blinded by swollen puffed up pussy eyes slowly dying. It did smash them but they slowly developed tolerance to it and then calici virus was introduced along with baiting using poisoned carrots. Calici and baiting is still used. They still have managed to survive though, though not in anything remotely plague like.

We ended up with an Antolian wannabe pup. From there, we looked into them, being unfamiliar. What interesting pups. They use them and their close brethren because they've been known to take down any and everything anti-livestock. That includes bear and big cats.

Because they have the dogs, they no longer have to shoot the cats to keep stock safe, so the preditor numbers are no longer dwindling where the dogs are used. The big kitties avoid places with the big puppies, with bite strength three times that of Pitbulls and Shephards.

Ours, being a mix, is not as big or bad, but still has the interesting traits. He'll sit and watch for hours, he'll heard to safety (keeps us safe from that blasted little five pound cat ).

Yeah the Tassie Tiger was sad. Farmers thought it was killing livestock but wasn't, just caught eating an already dead sheep here n there. Their love of open spaces contributed to their demise also so they say. Easy to hunt apparently. We are lucky our Wedgetail Eagle didn't go down the same path. It nearly did from over zealous farmers thinking that seeing one here n there feeding on a dead lamb carcass, that in reality died from frost, was killing the lambs.
They did end up controlling the rabbits using mixo, not a pretty sight seeing them with it, blinded by swollen puffed up pussy eyes slowly dying. It did smash them but they slowly developed tolerance to it and then calici virus was introduced along with baiting using poisoned carrots. Calici and baiting is still used. They still have managed to survive though, though not in anything remotely plague like.

:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back