Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 0130001758pitchure (2).jpg
    0130001758pitchure (2).jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,698
Upvote 0
Wow, can't beat that free stuff. HH....

Pic to big for me to view. But sounds like you got a good deal for free.
:hello: :hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

Nicely Done ! Roughly how much silver would be in that . In ounces or pounds . Plus how many ounces in a pound . If you know please let me know . Thanks for sharing !

Thanks for the info. That will help me out in the future. Do you know the break down for Gold, how many grams in an ounce, how many ounces in a pound. Please let me know. Thanks also for starting this post!

it sayes gorham sterling ........4 1/2 pint

weights almost 2 pounds . my scale only goes to 20oz

stilldiggin65 said:
Thanks for the info. That will help me out in the future. Do you know the break down for Gold, how many grams in an ounce, how many ounces in a pound. Please let me know. Thanks also for starting this post!

stilldiggin65, it doesn't matter whether you are weighing gold, silver, lead, or feathers, there are always 28.35 grams in 1 ounce, and 16 ounces in one pound.

The catch, however, is that precious metals are measured in troy ounces, and 1 troy ounce is equal to 31.103 grams.

If you need to convert ounces to troy ounces you multiply the weight in ounces by .912 to equal troy ounces. Gold and silver are bought and sold in troy ounces.

time4me said:
stilldiggin65 said:

stilldiggin65, it doesn't matter whether you are weighing gold, silver, lead, or feathers, there are always 28.35 grams in 1 ounce, and 16 ounces in one pound.

The catch, however, is that precious metals are measured in troy ounces, and 1 troy ounce is equal to 31.103 grams.

If you need to convert ounces to troy ounces you multiply the weight in ounces by .912 to equal troy ounces. Gold and silver are bought and sold in troy ounces.
True that always sold in OZT, Now Pine you have to do better then just writing it was free... How was it free an where did you find it???? That could be a few hundred dollar peice scrapped or maybe even more as antique collectable

Very nice, Pine.

I kinda like the shape of them.
Nice flow in the lines.

Sterling ? Even better.

Congrats
rmptr

DigginThePast said:
Wanna double your money? :laughing7:

Sweet freebie. :icon_thumright:

2x0=0 :D

Is the base solid? It may be filled with something to give it weight if it is. Your melt weight would be considerable less.

Nice find just the same!

i doubt if it is weighted they rarely did it to pitchers they would do it to candle sticks and smaller pieces

Neil in West Jersey said:
DigginThePast said:
Wanna double your money? :laughing7:

Sweet freebie. :icon_thumright:

2x0=0 :D

Is the base solid? It may be filled with something to give it weight if it is. Your melt weight would be considerable less.

Nice find just the same!
most the time it is marked weighted if they have weighted peice

stilldiggin65 said:
Google is your friend, man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back