Just a walk down the river random bottle action

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
We weren't out relic hunting specifically today though I suppose we always kind of are but I found this laying on the side of a dirt mound down in the Bosque next to the river. It's a fairly typical river side find, a 1964 Pepsi bottle probably unwittingly unearthed by public property maintenance crews, the ground down along the banks harbors many buried secrets, some are much older than this one but my partner liked the look of it so we brought it home to join the rest of the collection. Nothing fancy as such things go and still in need of a cleaning but that's what we found on today's leisure trek.
IMG_20240215_194346976~2.jpg

Upvote 12
nice find
It's a small thing, not of deep historical value but it illustrates my statements about the river here with all the old bottle dumps and farm trash disposal spots. There's what's obvious in many spots but in any given place along the banks buried down perhaps a few inches or a foot there's things, things from the old days, glass, perhaps some badly corroded metals or coinage, destroyed by years of heavy flooding prior to the damming of the river. 100+ years of cottonwood leaf litter can bury old relics so it's forever happy hunting down in the valley and seriously. Glass endures what the metal could not and there's a lot of it. I'm hoping that one day we'll stumble across something from pre 1800, I know it's there and it's just a matter of time. Folks have been living along the river from before the Spanish came so....

Just about every creek you walk you can come across old dumps , I used to dig bottles alot back in the 70s and 80s, sold most of them! But still have my local sodas, meds etc.

We weren't out relic hunting specifically today though I suppose we always kind of are but I found this laying on the side of a dirt mound down in the Bosque next to the river. It's a fairly typical river side find, a 1964 Pepsi bottle probably unwittingly unearthed by public property maintenance crews, the ground down along the banks harbors many buried secrets, some are much older than this one but my partner liked the look of it so we brought it home to join the rest of the collection. Nothing fancy as such things go and still in need of a cleaning but that's what we found on today's leisure trek.View attachment 2131638
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back