JINXED

B

BIG61AL

I WAS WORKING A SCHOOL NEARBY AND GETTING ALOT OF CLAD. CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FINDING MONEY. I ALSO HAD A COUPLE OF KIDS TAGGING ALONG WITH ME FOR A AWHILE. THEY WERE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. I ALWAYS TRY BE FRIENDLY BUT I WAS GETTING QUITE A BIT OF GOOD TARGETS IN ONE AREA AND REALLY WANTED TO PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I WAS DOING. ANYWAY THE KID ASKED ME "HAVE YOU EVER CUT YOUR SELF?', I WAS USING A SMALL KNIFE AT THE TIME. I SAID "NO". NOT FIVE MINUTES LATER THE BLADE GOT CAUGHT ON A ROOT AND THEN SLIPPED OUT OF THE HOLE AND STABBED ME IN THE THUMB. LUCKILY IT WAS JUST A POKE AND NOT A SLICE.
DON'T YOU JUST LOVE KIDS?

Upvote 0
i hear that,, they are little jinxes too.... they curse you without even trying,, but its part of the hobby i guess,,,,,, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You got poked because you were thinking about it...next time just think about gold silver gold silver gold silver....gold silver gold silver gold silver.....gold silver gold silver gold silver......hahaha

yeh maybe they cann help ya dig next time? help out with the pysical labor and all... wait is that considered child labor? and with out any pay at all!!! you can let them keep the crap LOL

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
BigA,

know what your saying.

They can be a pain at times.

have a good un.............
Yes they may be a pain at times, but if we don't give them some sort of guidance and a bit of our time and educate them on what we are doing and why, they could turnout to be some of the riff raff that's running our streets and getting into mischief.
When I just recently got my new Ace a couple of weeks ago, I hit a local park and had about 6 kids around me asking questions as to what I was doing and have I found anything. I stopped and answered their questions and explained to them where the old playground use to be when I was a kid. Things change over time as we all know and kids don't have a clue unless someone takes the time to answer their questions.
Just my 2 cents on this matter.

Goodluck and HH

Curious is right!!! I went to a local school on the 4th, thinking no one was there.Ended up giving metal detecting lessons to a group of kids.

Found a quarter at the beach while this boy looked on, and when he saw what I found, he freak-out!!!!

Just curious.

Public relations is part of the hobby. Almost every time I go out to hunt, someone; child or adult ask, what are you doing? To build good will, over all, I always show them how the machine works and explain just what I find..Every once in a while an adult will say, why not search my yard? ::) ::) :o

When I MD on the beach if I find arcade tokens I usually give them to the kids. They get so excited they will run right over to the arcade. Also if you need a big hole dug they become cheep labor!!!

Remember that kids are the future... explain what you are doing, they will
follow you around and ask you for the coins you find, tell them that you need the money to pay for the batteries, gas, etc.

When these kids become adults they will not be against metal detecting.

You might even get a tip from a kid. Once I found and kept a one dollar coin
that someone lost, thanks to a kid who told me where to look.

On another ocassion I found and returned a gold crucifix that a kid told me he has lost.

I hate kids......................when Im hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back