Jimi Hendrix

I wa swatching an old Dick Cavet show on TV Land a few years back, and they had Jimi on as a guest. Talk about a extremley shy yet humble person. As Cavet was joking with him, he wouldnt even look at the camera, yet alone look at Cavet.
After they came back from commercial break, Cavet said Jimi had to go, as he wasnt feeling well.Three weeks after this episode aired, he was dead.As I said, there will never be another like him.

mad max said:
I wa swatching an old Dick Cavet show on TV Land a few years back, and they had Jimi on as a guest. Talk about a extremley shy yet humble person. As Cavet was joking with him, he wouldnt even look at the camera, yet alone look at Cavet.
After they came back from commercial break, Cavet said Jimi had to go, as he wasnt feeling well.Three weeks after this episode aired, he was dead.As I said, there will never be another like him.

i saw that too! he looked like he was tripping his brains out to me! ;D it was a cool interview though just the same!

One of the only CD's I own that I have owned on CD, tape and vinyl is the original Woodstock. The National Anthem with his feet still touches me.

Amazing!!!

DM

Treasure_Hunter said:
Hendrix was the greatest, and the early days of heavy metal beats anything produced today. Hendrix, Doors, Joplin, Cream, Mountain, Led Zep and the bands that followed in their footsteps.

I have little use for most of what they are now calling music today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music
That maybe going a little far in my opinion. I was born in 72 and I listened to all types of music. When 80's and 90's metal bands came around, nothing from the 60's or 70's could touch them. (maybe Black Sabbath). Hendrix was the greatest guitarist of his time but not of all time. He definetly paved the way for the next generation. That is like saying Einstein was the greatest nuclear bomb builder of all time. He was the genius behind the first but give people time to perfect. It will happen sooner or later.

oldplacesnofinds said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Hendrix was the greatest, and the early days of heavy metal beats anything produced today. Hendrix, Doors, Joplin, Cream, Mountain, Led Zep and the bands that followed in their footsteps.

I have little use for most of what they are now calling music today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music
That maybe going a little far in my opinion. I was born in 72 and I listened to all types of music. When 80's and 90's metal bands came around, nothing from the 60's or 70's could touch them. (maybe Black Sabbath). Hendrix was the greatest guitarist of his time but not of all time. He definetly paved the way for the next generation. That is like saying Einstein was the greatest nuclear bomb builder of all time. He was the genius behind the first but give people time to perfect. It will happen sooner or later.

i don't think anyone has come close to Jimi`s "liquid" style of playing since he died except for perhaps Stevie ray Vaughn. there have been more technically proficient guitarists since then but as far as that fluant phrasing style that Jimi perfected, not many. it really would have been interesting to see where his playing would have gone had he lived. who knows, maybe he would have been a shredder in the 80s! ;D

bigfish31 said:
Jeffro, I think it was Randy Hanson that did a Hendrix impersonation. I enjoyed his show,but he wasnt close to the real thing.

Thats him.... he was good, but nowhere near as good as Jimi, it's true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back