January finds at a new woods I just started hunting.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area I'll be working hard as soon as most of this white stuff disappears will be a large woods preserve here in Kalamazoo called Blanche Hull preserve, I've tried the park area part of it before but never had much luck cause it's been pretty much hammered so I decided to make it a good winter spot in the woods surrounding it which is huge. Here's what I found the first time out on Jan 2nd

Jan2.1.jpg

Here's what I found the second time out on Jan 3rd

Jan3.jpg

Here's what I found the third time there on Jan 4th

Jan4.1.jpg

and here's my fourth and last hunt so far cause the snow is just way to deep. The sleigh bells are the biggest ones I've ever found, they were about ten feet apart and down about 5 inches and when I rubbed the dirt off the first one it really looked like silver but after I got home and cleaned them I found out they were plated but still cool.

Jan7.jpg

I'm sure there has to be some silver out there somewhere. Before the snow hit bad the frost was down a few inches in some areas and not at all in some so maybe this big deep blanket of snow we got on top of it will keep the freeze down to a minimum when the white stuff melts whenever that may be, hopefully soon.

Giant056,

thanks for posting.

Indians and wheat.........silver there somplace. :wink:

Hope you start pullng up the silver.

have a good un....................
SHERMANVILLE

Nice finds, sherman is right, there's gotta be some silveer there! :thumbsup:

Some real potential there.....Love the bells....vintage hash pipe...micro harmonica/pitch pipe??
Certainly some good digs ahead!

Very nice, Giant! Glad you're getting out. Love the bells, too.

Santa brought me a bigger coil for Christmas but I've only gotten out once and it was pretty miserable digging....hurry Spring! :icon_sunny:

HH

cool stuff! Is that a IH in pic 2? looks like some tent line (tensioners ? ) above the shot shells...nice pipe too!

I wondered where I lost that! Nice ones Giant, bet you can't wait to hit those woods in the spring! Cool finds, and in January, no less!

nice finds yea there got to be silver there with those IH and wheaties keep on hunting and good luck...mlayers

Nice Finds!
Looks like your getting into the older stuff now, so it's just a matter of time until you're posting your silver.
Good Luck!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back