All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• triangle.jpg
    triangle.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 63
  • triangle2.jpg
    triangle2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 56
Please someone tell me what these dang things are. I've dug probably 30 of them at a 1815 house/farm. My first thought was maybe a hinge type thing but why so many?? Found all around the house and even way out in a field. This is just one day's worth!
They are part of old thrasher

Upvote 0
Saw teeth from a sickle mower. I find them too unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Yep, they are held on by rivets and often the rivets shear losing the blade. I have changed many of them, easy to get cut changing them too! I'd like to know why the dang things seem to detect as a good target though!

Upvote 0
off topic in a way , those are made from some pretty good steel and make a nice garden weeder if you have welding skills.
also make good fire rake teeth.

Upvote 0
Yep, they are held on by rivets and often the rivets shear losing the blade. I have changed many of them, easy to get cut changing them too! I'd like to know why the dang things seem to detect as a good target though!

Funny I’ve been chuckling to myself thinking they must not have made them very well for so many to come off! And yes I get so excited like finally silver!! Nope just another rusty triangle!!

Upvote 0
off topic in a way , those are made from some pretty good steel and make a nice garden weeder if you have welding skills.
also make good fire rake teeth.

Darn was too excited to chuck them in the garbage once I learned they weren’t a rare artifact. :laughing7:

Upvote 0
here's a rake you can make if you are into welding. the blades are of good metal .
9k=
2Q==
images

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back