Jul 19, 2024
West Alexandria Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 +Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000010347.jpg

Upvote 46
That’s so awesome! What kind of metal Detector are you using?
Thank you! I've been using a Minelab Manticore that I bought several months ago. I started with an Equinox 800 that I used for 5 years and I've found amazing things with that machine too. What do you use for detecting ?

Dulce! Thank you for sharing your great find. That's what it is all about.

Would you be willing to share some information about the location? Not where it is - of course. But what is it? Church or school yard? Farm site? Carnival ground? Or?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
Absolutely! It was in the side yard of an old brick house in Eaton Ohio and the majority of the yard was literally rock hard from what appeared to be some plumbing work and it was compacted by heavy equipment so I was so disappointed I was leaving walking to my van and found it. Needless to say after that find I decided to stick around for bit, lol!😁

Absolutely! It was in the side yard of an old brick house in Eaton Ohio and the majority of the yard was literally rock hard from what appeared to be some plumbing work and it was compacted by heavy equipment so I was so disappointed I was leaving walking to my van and found it. Needless to say after that find I decided to stick around for bit, lol!😁
Thank you! I'm a Buckeye myself - grew up in Yellow Springs. Adding that bit of information will be helpful for others.

A number of years ago we dug up the concrete driveway at our 1880's high-basement Victorian and our young son found a very nice 1906 "S" dime. Since the San Francisco fire and earthquake were in April of that year, I would think production was rather low. Yet it made its way across the Bay to Alameda!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

That's a beautiful Silver Dollar. Congrats!!

GREAT FIND !!! I have been detecting for for only 56 years and only found 8 silver dollars. They was all found the same time in a plastic bag with 3 two dollar bills inside it. They was hidden in a old deserted falling down home. they was in a floor joist. I made the owner take 2 of them .Never have dug one.
What type of area did you find yours ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back