Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone!!!
Any info on these finds is welcome.

l_51035a6dbd8438ae71e7e8474234f485.jpg

I found this cross on my property. It is approx. 2 1/2" wide and 3 1/2" tall.

l_392761540b18ffd54f14166c399edcec.jpg

I found this button on my property also but can't find any info on it anywhere. It's about the size of a nickle.

l_da8b8d7e6688eb9eac00e18082f6323b.jpg

Found this near and old iron ore mine. Not really sure what it is except it's iron.

l_979cca280ef8d1015ed96634bb60448a.jpg

I found this knife on my property and is has stamped on it N & S and some other word under that but haven't been able to locate any info on it either.

Also please visit http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=16900209&albumId=536508
and check some of my other finds out.

Again, any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to all, Ed

Upvote 0
Possum, welcome to Tnet!! Great finds there but no info to offer.

PBK, might you be able to offer some assistance?

Pretty cool relics. That large iron sphere is intresting...

Keep safe...

Hey, Ed... welcome to TNet! It's great to have you with us.

The Fort Hill button is a c. 1920's work clothes or overalls button. At least some of the Fort Hill buttons have patent dates of 1913 and 1918 on the back.

8) Looks like your place is a great site to hunt!

Welcome to the forum, Possum! Neat finds! Great cross!

Nana :)

Thanks for the welcome everyone and thank you PBK for the info on the button. It's to rusted to see a date on the back. The link I provided to the rest of my finds didn't work but you can see some of them at
http://myspace.com/edhampton.
Thank you all again,
Ed

Very nice finds, & welcome to Treasure-Net,
'PossumheadEd', (I like saying that), ;D

Fossis..............

:D Thanks again, Everyone!! I appreciate all of your comments. I now have solved 2 mysteries about items I found thanks to TreasureNet.
PBK helped with the button which is from 1920's work clothes/overalls and thanks to Goldencoin and Piggman1, I now know the iron ball I found near a mine that operated from mid 1800's to around 1910 is a ball used in a ball mill for crushing ore. Now if I can just find out info about the knife. I hope to have many more items to show soon. I went out on my property yesterday and found about 10 7.62x39 shells(came from me shooting about 9 years ago), about $1.00 in pennies, nickles, and dimes, and some screws, and some more junk but that was just by the house. The knife was found in the woods on my property as well as the button. There is a old cellar hole in the woods that I have found alot of junk by,mostly nails and barbwire. I have order a sniper coil because I read it helps search areas such as this where there is alot of trash. I did find a pipe wrench and hammer head in that area.
Thanks again for all the help and comments and thanks for the warm welcome.
Ed

Hi & welcome from the UK.

Looked at your myspace site. Saw the Nice Well catfish. I went to spain for mine, first day, first fish to me 112lbs. Biggest that week was my mate with 128lbs. I love scrapping with them babies.

The Cross looks late 19th century.

Thanks for the welcome Crusader. That photo was sent to me from a friend. I've seen catfish that big while diving but never caught one of that size. I bet it's a workout reeling them in. Congrats on your catch.
Ed

PossumHeadEd said:
Thanks for the welcome Crusader. That photo was sent to me from a friend. I've seen catfish that big while diving but never caught one of that size. I bet it's a workout reeling them in. Congrats on your catch.
Ed

In which case you should try it. Yeap its hard work, one of them dragged our boat & both anchors 200 yards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back