It was soooooo hot out there this afternoon..went under the pier for shade...& silver

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was soooooo hot out there this afternoon..went under the pier for shade...& silver

Hi,:hello:

Wow! These past few days have been challenging for beach hunting...low to mid 90's.

Yesterday hunted the wet and dry sand..too late of low tide.
Today , at late afternoon low tide it was still very sunny and hot so I left the "muddy flats" where I was finding very little ,and headed to the pier for some shade.

Started finding sinkers and coins..then picked out a small, pretty silver ring directly under the end of the pier...that saved the day.

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF1619.JPG

DSCF1621.JPG

DSCF1612.JPG

pirate.JPG

Upvote 0
a little heat never stopped a true pirate!

The last time I went under a pier I only got three pennies...nice.

Nice pocket spill,nice silver ring:icon_thumleft:

Looks like it was worth braving the heat. I would have gladly traded you. A balmy 66-degs today, mostly rain, with a low tonight of 47-deg. However, tomorrow is suppose to resemble summer and be in the mid-70's, so you can bet 0700 and I'll be at the park:icon_thumleft:

it is winter here Lorraine so I'm envious of your warmth, smashing little silver save!

better than no silver at all :sunny:

You just keep bringing in the goodies..... you are having a pretty good year.

Dew

Nice job on the silver-saver ring Lorraine.
Congrats Gold Nuggets :hello:

I like it! Congrats! :hello2::hello2::hello2:

For me...just getting out and detecting Saves The Day ... but of course the occasional silver or gold doesn't hurt!

Nice silver ring, I beat the heat by getting in the water up to my neck, then hunt. That is where all the swimmers are lately.

Nice silver ring, I beat the heat by getting in the water up to my neck, then hunt. That is where all the swimmers are lately.

I wish I was more comfortable in deeper water, Les...then I'd be out there, too.

But I am afraid of water past my waist ( can't swim well ) ...and so I stay mostly toward shore line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back