It may be junk, but its my first ring.

Pheasant Hunter

Greenie
Jul 29, 2007
Warren, Pa
It may be junk, but it's my first ring.

Decided to hit a spot this evening, where I'd never been before. After digging a couple of twist-off beer caps and a .35 Remington brass case, I wasn't having ANY hits for about 20 minutes. Scratching my head, I thought, "This site couldn't possibly be THAT clean!" So, I spied a piece of tin and ran my coil over it... nothing! I switched into "all metal" mode, and... NOTHING!!! A quick check revealed that my coil cable plug had started to pull loose. I quickly fixed the problem and made a fast 50-yard sweep, as darkness was closing in, when I hit a signal in disc. mode. I moved the surface layer of leaves and grabbed a handful of loose dirt to run over the coil. I had it, but what was it? Looked like I had 3 small rocks in my hand. I dropped one and checked the coil again. Still there. Looked at the 2 rocks and saw a shiny spot on the edge of one. Getting pretty dark at this point. Worked it in my hand to get some dirt off and realized that it was a small ring. I was psyched at the thought of it possibly being silver. Well I headed home and let the wife clean it up, and it turned out to be a cheapie with a "D" engraved on the face. Oh well, the shot of adrenaline was worth it.

Attachments

• rings 011.jpg
    rings 011.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 552
Upvote 0
Re: It may be junk, but it's my first ring.

Hey PH, my first was junk too. My second was 10K gold.
Keep-a-diggin'.

Ima

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back